Need crank suggestions please !!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, what he said, except that technically, we're talking about "tread"; q-factor is a bike-fit term that Grant P co-opted to describe tread in the 90s, during his stay at Bridgestone, pre-Rivendell. MTB and BMX cranks tend to be wider between the pedals, to clear the fatter stays associated with >2" tires, and they also oughta help increase the clearance for your chainguard. Keep in mind, however, that mtb cranks will almost certainly give you a higher chainline figure, which will cause other problems if not properly addressed.

I couldn't believe i beat you to this one so i did the best I could..:21:

I just found out about all this a few weeks ago when I installed a set of SRAM Force road cranks on my 2000 Schwinn Panther and ran into the same thing.

Ended up getting this set of Race Face Chester cranks. They have a bit of a dog leg to them.

index.php

Sure fellas..here she is.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Covered the graphics on the crank arms (+guard) with carbon fiber vinyl wrap.

It's my build off bike. You can check it out here to get the details. Naked Panther

Wanted to make it a more comfy cruiser. With gears of course...:)..11sp SRAM XXi derailleur and shifter. Avid BB5 brakes with 203mm discs...etc.

She's a sweet runner!

Sure fellas..here she is.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Covered the graphics on the crank arms (+guard) with carbon fiber vinyl wrap.

It's my build off bike. You can check it out here to get the details. Naked Panther

Wanted to make it a more comfy cruiser. With gears of course...:)..11sp SRAM XXi derailleur and shifter. Avid BB5 brakes with 203mm discs...etc.

She's a sweet runner!
Sweet looking ride, brother

maThe sprocket side of the crank shaft is usually extends farther out than the left. Allowing for extra spacers to push the sprocket out. Max up spacers to just enough threads to get last piece on. Sometimes the post on crank arm that holds it from spinning long enough to put a spacer or 2 then sprocket then more spacers. Depends on your parts. Worked for me on a motorbike.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back