(Name to be here)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, beings as I had planned on putting this thing together for the wife anyway ( viewtopic.php?f=21&t=55298 ), I guess I'll throw it in the mix. For my first build off I'll be starting with the '56 Ladies Huffy I found in Houston.
IMG180.jpg

Ya gotta love the ladies. I am loooking forward to seeing what you do.

The direction is still up in the air, but I am working on a few ideas. Made this taillight from some odd stuff. The housing is a brass monocular the wife got off ebay a while back. Turns out it fit perfect with the idea I had to make a tail light using a crystal door knob as the lense. At first I took apart an LED bulb I had bought for my Corvette (once installed, it was dimmer then the incandescant, so it went in the tool box) but I shorted it out and blew that idea, literally, lol. So I dropped in a 1.25" LED cluster I had bought for my Harley and it's just a hair to wide to drop in far enough. Looks like I will be ordering a 1" cluster to make it just right. Here are a couple of pics I took before I blew it out.
Started off with one like this
BRASS-ANTIQUE-MONOCULAR-.jpg

Removed the lense on both ends.
IMG147.jpg

Fit the LED in and ran the wires out the oposite end. Then cut the lense retainer to fit it onto the door knob lip and screwed it back on. Tightened set screws to hold it in place.
IMG167.jpg

Whala! Let there be light. Now I just need to decide where I'm going to mount it so I can make the mounting bracket.
IMG166.jpg

Houston we have a problem or Chick 56. You light up my life (corny unless you use it for wifey points) Ehhh....Get ta Buildin'!! Peace

That is one wicked light.
Looking forward to the rest of the bike!

Latest posts

Back