NAME THIS BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up this 20 inch whatzit Musclebike a few weeks back. I'm not sure what it started out as, maybe Ross or Iverson?? Anyone :?:

100_0771.jpg

100_0770.jpg

100_0769.jpg

100_0768.jpg

100_0767.jpg

im thinking columbia cuz of the dropouts, and that chainring is a wald-type. :wink: a funky bike for sure!

Looks like it was a 3 or 5 speed at one time..?

aka_locojoe said:
No idea what it is. Very interesting though. The holes in the head tube & the brackets under the top tubes?

the top tube brackets look like mounts for a shifter console to me, NO IDEA ON THE BRAND THOUGH

Id name it Pete

The holes in the head tube are identical to my 26" Ross frame, and the fork crown looks Ross also, except yours is cut out for a front brake. The serial number may start with an "R".

293kpee.jpg

Wildcat said:
The holes in the head tube are identical to my 26" Ross frame, and the fork crown looks Ross also, except yours is cut out for a front brake. The serial number may start with an "R".

293kpee.jpg

That's what I think it is too. I have a Ross missing its head badge and the head tube punctures look the same. Looks like a Ross sprocket too.

schwinnmesa said:
Wildcat said:

293kpee.jpg

That's what I think it is too. I have a Ross missing its head badge and the head tube punctures look the same. Looks like a Ross sprocket too.

I also vote Ross. Though I am late to the party. :mrgreen: I have a 26" Un ID'-ed frame with those same holes on the headtube, and it has a Ross chainring. Does this bike have a funky "ridge" like thing under the BB? Mine does, not sure what it is (maybe a joint of some kind?) but that could also help.

I think it's a Ross :wink: It also looks like it had a 3 or 5 speed stick shift :D Very cool and unusual bike.....I LIKE it :mrgreen:

i have owned quite a few muscle bikes , and this one tops them all! keep as is,it has the ol school street look 8)

I thought I had seen all the styles of banana seat bikes. I'll bet that bike is rare. Coast King dept stores sold Ross bikes, mine might be a Coast King Riviera, but it had no markings. The only one on yours is on the seat tube between the bars. Can you make out what it says?

Right, my friend HAS that bike in the picture, in green. Sold by Coast to Coast Stores.

here's one i had - sold to a member here ???? forget who now.

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01555.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

Back