Mystery Road Bike- What is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was given this bike in trade and have no idea what it is. It's pretty light, so I figure it may be chromoly. It has Shimano derailleurs, Suntour shifters, Weinmann brakes and Campagnolo hubs. I can't find any markings on the frame and It's driving me crazy. The dropouts are chrome and the rear dropout is Campagnolo. I may part it out or try to ride it even though its a little too tall for me. What do you think? Any closet roadies on here that can tell me anything?
IMG_0827.jpg

Sorry for the crummy photo.

I'm not an expert by any means but if I had to venture a guess I'd guess it was a Raleigh. I doubt it though.

If you took some better photos it would help. Snap some pictures of the head tube area and the bottom bracket area,pictures of the lugs at the frame joints ect. It will def. help I.D. it better.
-Kreep-

How do I decode the number on the brakes and where is it exactly? I will get better photos soon. It was raining A LOT when I got the bike so there was really no good light. It's a bummer because its a little too tall for me to ride. When I straddle the top tube it's a little to close to the, er, "business area" than I would like. :oops:

Back