Mystery frame - Any advice?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey drew, that would seem to be of schwinn quality. (not sure what model)

What ya thinkin as far as style? rat? board tracker? any idea of the game plan?

Definitely not a Schwinn. The Schwinn patent on the cantilever frame ran out in '54 or '55 so a copy like this it would have to be newer than that. Gary

Thanks for the info and keep it coming. I'd really like to know what this frame was to help inspire the new build.

Right now I'm considering building a clunker. I've been inspired by this site: http://clunkers.net/

That looks like a pretty good cruiser frame, not vintage though, but a good frame. The tapped screws for a water bottle cage on the seat tube and mounts for newer brakes give it away as a recent frame. Good choice for a build.

Cool. Thanks Wildcat. Now where do I find a set of cranks like the ones in your profile pic?

=)

Wildcat said:
That looks like a pretty good cruiser frame, not vintage though, but a good frame. The tapped screws for a water bottle cage on the seat tube and mounts for newer brakes give it away as a recent frame. Good choice for a build.

I have a Schwinn that looks exactly like yours. Five speed with hand brakes on front and rear. I'm going to cut off all of the mounts for the brakes and put a coaster bake in it with big fat tires.
bikeman48

Back