My very 1st burrito bike build!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, it's no secret that I'm from New Orleans and that's where this build is taking place from a unknown location inside the city limits. Since the 'artsy' types are riding tall bikes and most everyone else is riding Wal-Mart cruisers (NO DISRESPECT TO EITHER GROUP!!!), I thought I'd bring that "burrito" flavor to the crescent city. However, this project needed a name that really captures the essence of my fair city, so thus, the name "po' Boy". Yeah we love burritos, but if it's happening down here, it's gotta be 'bout dem po' boys, ya heard me???? I'm just starting this journey, so grab some beignets (pronounced ben-yays) and some coffee, it's gonna be a bumpy ride....'cause the streets are crap!! :eek:
DSCF0098.jpg

Yeah I kinda stepped in it!!! I cut the frame up, then realized that I should have been taking pictures from start to finish. One to grow on..... :oops:
DSCF0091.jpg

I grew up around New Orlean myself an yeah them some rough riden roads nice start can't waite to see pics of the finished bike weld it up good

big kountry said:
I grew up around New Orlean myself an yeah them some rough riden roads nice start can't waite to see pics of the finished bike weld it up good
Yeah man!!! Still working out the angles and areas that need support. Nothing worse than riding a slick-... bike then the frame snaps in half!!! I'll keep ya posted BK!!!! :)

Cool project, Randiddle. I dig low types. :mrgreen: Don't stop building and make sure, it's tough enough for the N.O. streets.
Btw, I never got your pm about the text, I had to translate. Project closed or technical problems?

Okay, after a lengthy fight with my cable provider to restore my services after the storm, I'm finally back online (as long as wifey lets me use her netbook. I dropped mine during Hurricane Isaac. :x )! I'm tying some loose ends and gettingn back to building some bikes. The 'Po' boy'/burrito project is on hold until I can find a welder. However these are the projects I'll be posting pics of in the coming weeks: A 1968 5-speed 24" Huffy Rail, a Basman build-up and a re-worked Schwinn OCC chopper w/ 24" tall ape hangers and a banana seat.
I'm really excited about doing the Rail 'cause it's giving the most trouble hands down! Anything worth having is earned, right? Well, after finding a reasonable powder coating service, I started taking my wheels apart to send out (black rims, black spokes and hubs, sexy right?). I then discovered that freewheel spine is stuck. I took it to three bike shops today, and none of these guys could get it off. Luckily, my regular bs/mechanic said he can duplicate the wheel when gets from the bike trade show in Vegasthis week (I think he's going to the "Bunny Ranch" personally.). When I get the wheels in, I'll post pics of the before and after. Two fingers up... :D

WAAASSSSSUUUUUUPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just getting on after Isaac's wrath. I'm gonna be updating my builds in a week or two so stay tuned. And send me a lobster. Crawfish are out of season right now and I'm dying for anything that resembles one. :lol:

Back