My typhoon Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to do some work on my 64 Schwinn typhoon, i would make it a buildoff bike but i dont have the nessacery parts. I plan do do some cool stuff with this bike. Heres what im starting with, i painted it last fall.. Ill post more pics as i build it.
DSCF0317.jpg

hb I want to put a schwinn 26 inch fork with the crown, or maybe a springer. I got a schwinn mag sprocket for it. I have a 24 2.10 tire (i think thats the size) for the rear. i wanna get like a 24 1.75 for the front maybe 1.50? I dont know sizes almost all my parts are garbage picked i dont buy stuff unless i have to. Im gonna also put a maroon and white schwinn seat on it (stole it off my moms hollywood) I also wanna take the chrome fenders off my federals bike and put them on here. BUT Dad wants 2 keep the federals bike all original why i dunno MORE FUN TO RAT IT! And thats about all i can think of right now.. I was thinkin a blue paint but not with the maroon seat. maybe ill just leave it black i dunno.. But yeah this is gonna take me awhile or i would have enterd it in the buildoff. Ill post pics as i progress on it. 8)

Thanks man, I WANNA GO WORK ON IT NOW! my back yard is flooded cuz of the snow melt. Im gonna try 2 get my magsprocket out of the attic of the garage and clean it What kind of bars should i run 15 inch apes or the shortys i got now?

ricksterr1221 said:
Thanks man, I WANNA GO WORK ON IT NOW! my back yard is flooded cuz of the snow melt. Im gonna try 2 get my magsprocket out of the attic of the garage and clean it What kind of bars should i run 15 inch apes or the shortys i got now?

build it YOUR way..
make it YOUR OWN...
start putting a few feathers in your cap Rickster!

nice bike,
Kev.

Lol, i got 2 questions, Kev, What u mean new feathers in the cap, and Karfer, what are "Muffler Berrings"

Ricky,
sit down my friend,
I want to tell you a story.

When I was a kid I used to eat Paint Chips.A lot!
then my Dad said,"Son,come here".
"when I was a K k kk k kid,I uu used to ee at those too"

my Dad has a Studder because of a bad accident he had with
a Horse and a piece of Corn ( it was a dare from one of his friends )

anyway Ricky he sits me down and he says,

"If your gonna eeeat pppaint chips you ssshould
rr really thin,thin,thin THINK about ww what might h happen to
you."

then he shows me the Scar on his head from
where the Hoarse kicked him.Then he says,
"I ddon't want yyou to be like your dad and mmess around
with ppaint chips"

and then we hugged,
it was nice :D

oh yaa,
the "Feather in the Cap"

That means when you accomplish something that it feels good!
It is self rewarding to create and build something from nothing!
To think of an idea,or build on an already good idea
and make it your own...

when you do this you can,as they say," put
a feather in your cap " as a self reward for doing well.
a pat on the back so to speak!...

Build your Bike and show us what YOU created,
once you do that people will gain respect for you and
come Flying at you with great input.

your a good kid Ricky..
lay off the Paint Chips!
I don't want to see you with a piece of Corn in your
hand walking towwards a Horse!
:lol:

And it's a nice bike you have there!
peace,
Kev.

Thanks, ask Derek about the chopper we built 2 summers ago You should see these forks it looks like a sled lol. we will slap it 2 gether so u can see it. Yeah thanks kev. IF IT EVER DRYS UP OUT THER I WILL WORK! haha me and derek always build stuff yeah im gonna get in trouble 2 bed i go! GOODNIGHT PEOPLE!

Ricky, Gotta be careful about partin out good bikes. I tried that on the wife's and she did not take to kindly. I am glad she has wisdom cause I probably would of torn the seven speed hub off a perfectly good bike.(that I like as is)

You are starting with a great platform to build from. Go for it and make good.

sorry kev about your dad if that is a true story but a horse and an ear of corn? :shock: lol anyways yea muffler bearings kev and i use em all the time makes the hubs spin wayyyy better right kev?

works good for me Karfer :D
they keep the noise down too!
I usually invert mine so that the tail end of the
Flandged cup seats better in the race of the hub.

YO YO mah!

of coarse you don't want to scratch your copulator when
your putting it in.

either way,it's a nice bike Ricky.
I myself do not own a Schwinn yet.
your a lucky kid

yea i scratched a set once and they ended up as door stops. note to self always use the proper muffler bearing install tool or pay the price.

!!!-UPDATE-!!!

Me and Derek are going to put this in the buildoff YES! He found a tire for me i am excited i cant wait to get to work were gonna start after dinner, prepaird 2 see this bike go SuperRat HAHA! Lol i went riding my spitfire an hour ago, I Dam near kilt my self on the way home from 1 of me and dereks buddys house i tryed going through this snow pile and the bike went sideways lol. Its all god, got a nice new coat of mud on the inside of the fenders haha. Well im goin 2 gather up the parts for my typhoon Ill post pics later ILL SEE YA ALL 2NIGHT

. . . . . Always gotta pick on the kid eh? Reading my old posts.. :lol: :lol: Muffler bearings? Copulaters? Headlight fluid... :lol: :lol: Wow. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: Ahhh shoot, funny stuff. Sad thing is, i wonderd for awhile what muffler bearings were.. then thought about it. :roll:

Well, the Typhoon is my bike now. Ricks dad wouldnt let him keep all the bikes so, he dumped em at my house.. :mrgreen:
PICT0011-2.jpg

Back