My turn!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sanded the down tube a little bit, and what did I find under the black paint? A sticker that says "Crescent"! Right on, VicXsaN! 8)

Hugo

Hugo said:
I just sanded the down tube a little bit, and what did I find under the black paint? A sticker that says "Crescent"! Right on, VicXsaN! 8)

Hugo

NICE! Just as I suspected! :D

Hugo, looks like you figured most of it out. My DBS does have the little nipple, aluminum chaingard and 622 wheels(26"x 1 1/2") It also has blue paint under the black rattle can. They are long lost cousins - DBS, is a Norwegian bicycle brand, ... DBS was sold to Monark in 1989 and after several mergers became part of Cycleurope http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Den_Beste_Sykkel

Mine has been parted 3spd Torpedo to my Hornet and the front Drum to my Clunker. Do you guys know how to disassemble the bottom bracket..Onepiece cranks with screw in bear cups... looks like it may take a special wrench.

cman said:
Do you guys know how to disassemble the bottom bracket..Onepiece cranks with screw in bear cups... looks like it may take a special wrench.

On my "musclebike" the cup looked like a ring with to notches in it, does that sound right? I used a flat screwdriver and a hammer in one of the notches, it went of fairly quickly! But I never got the whole axle and sprocket of, It seems like It is a 1-piece but it wouldn't fit through the bb shell :S

I thought I had seen that bike before Hugo!! So today I looked in the garage, and look what I found!
S5030033.jpg

It's my brothers bike! The stem for the bars isn't the same, but the rest looks pretty much like yours! :D And as i thought, the "greasenipple" is used as a point for grounding the light!

VicXsaN said:
But I never got the whole axle and sprocket of, It seems like It is a 1-piece but it wouldn't fit through the bb shell :S

That is where I am at too. The bearing cups have 3 holes on the outside of them and probably screw out someway. I just want the sprocket for another bike.

cman said:
VicXsaN said:
But I never got the whole axle and sprocket of, It seems like It is a 1-piece but it wouldn't fit through the bb shell :S

That is where I am at too. The bearing cups have 3 holes on the outside of them and probably screw out someway. I just want the sprocket for another bike.

Okay, I really don't have any idea... I got so fustrated I skipped changing it!

VicXsaN, that sticker is just like mine. And the fork, rack, pedals... Tell your brother he has excellent taste in two-wheeled non-motorized vehicles. 8)

I'll strip my bottom bracket tomorrow (it's making funny noises) and report back.

Hugo

Back