My Rant About Technology

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a junior in high school I spend most of my days around people who are constantly on their cell phones, in any one of my classes at anytime I can find atleast 5 people who are texting, on facebook or doing something else on their phones. I'm not going to lie, I use my phone once in a while (I send like 20 texts a week because I don't reply to 90% of the texts I recieve) but I don't spend all day on it like the majority of the people at my school simply because I would rather talk in person to someone then text them all day. If my generation went back 25 years ago people wouldn't know what to do with themselves without their phone, facebook or the internet in general, I think we would be screwed :roll: . Today I was trying to take a nap and my phone rang 5 times, I finally got fed up with it so I took the battery out of my phone and got to enjoy the rest of my nap in peace :wink: . I feels good to not be attatched to everything like when you have a phone in your pocket so I'm going to try and stay phoneless for as long as I can... hopefully I'm not the only one that feels this way.

I agree with you. I wish I could go back to the simpler times before cell phones, and all the other stuff. I carry a cell phone just in case I have to use it for a break down or some other emergency. You can't find pay phones anymore. I went into my local cell phone store, and told the guy I wanted a phone that just made phone calls, no camera, nothing. He looked at me like I was nuts. I bought one at Walmart that is just a phone.

I'm one of the few people I know who don't have a cell phone. The gov't will never find me. :wink: Peace and quiet all the time. I'm retired and at home all the time so the land line is good enough. I probably ought to have one when I'm out bowhunting but have never really needed one. If you want to read a really good rant against technology, read the manifesto that Ted Kozinski the unabomber wrote. He was really flipped on the anti-technology thing. Gary

It seems like those people at my school who constantly text are scatterbrained. It's kind of sad. I'm glad that Michigan passed the "No texting while driving" bill. :lol:

I'm 13 and everyone on the bus texts :roll: It's annoying because they are sitting RIGHT NEXT TO EACHOTHER :shock: I do not want a cellphone and will probably never get a cellphone :wink:

schwinnmesa said:
It seems like those people at my school who constantly text are scatterbrained. It's kind of sad. I'm glad that Michigan passed the "No texting while driving" bill. :lol:

Oregon passed that bill also but no one seems to care, I see people texting or on their phone while driving all the time.

same way with the phones....dont like them and really dont ever want one.
you know....alot of them get really upset when you ask them why theyre carrying around a typewriter :wink:

I have a cell phone although I don't use it much except for family but I don't pay much anyways for 90 days, not allowed to talk or text here but people keep on doing it and almost hit you by stoping or getting in front of you without a signal.

I haven't had one since that day out in the garage when I got like 30 calls in an hour when I was trying to work and I threw it against the wall so could work in peace. I figure that's what they make answering machines for, leave a message and I'll get back to you on MY time. If I'm not home I'm busy and don't want to be bugged. I still have a CB radio for emergencies..... :lol:

Kickin' it Old-school 8)

:oops: i used to be one of those people always texting. now not so much im too busy listening to the radio and working on stuffs :mrgreen:

Hold down that red button on the right hand side. It will turn off.

Turn it back on only when you want to use it. Control your own space!

They can be quite useful at times.

I had the same experience at the AT&T cell phone store when I told the sales clerk I wanted the cheapest one they had, because I only wanted to TALK on it, nothing else. She looked at me like I was nuts (well maybe she's right) :D

I love a cheap prepaid cellphone. Cheaper than a landline, no falling tree outages, portable, and best of all, no barrage of unsolicited crap, especially at dinner hour. I don't text, or hold long conversations, or answer when my vehicle is in motion. It's not the equipment, it's the operator. :|

I cant stand texting. Yes, I text...but I dont like it. There is times my Girlfriend texts me because she is in class and bored out of her mind...the teachers dont care(college) but, Seriously? Just pay attention. I get texts from kids on craigslist too...I can tell when its a kid emailing me about a bike I have...(can i refer to kids younger than me as kids?)

Hey, U Stl Got Bike?

No...It sold to someone who can spell, and type out complete words.

The only time I ever used my phone in class(high school) Was to check this, or my email...and sometimes Craigslist...Im a little bit bike obsessed.

But the kids that cant stop texting, that is terribly annoying. I watched a girl cry because she got her phone taken away. I felt bad. Only because she is so emotionally unstable, she cried.

TheFlyingDingo said:
But the kids that cant stop texting, that is terribly annoying. I watched a girl cry because she got her phone taken away. I felt bad. Only because she is so emotionally unstable, she cried.

I hate them with a passion........although my wife and I do have one each for emergencies. I used to drive about 40 000 miles a year on mostly remote country (Outback Australian) roads, and mine came in handy a number of times.

I have made many a girl (and boy) cry when I have taken their phone from them in my classes.......Yeah, I'm a nasty ol' teacher, but students are in my classes to learn, not text :shock: .

Seriously, Im totally right behind you for taking it away...She tested the guy...She sat there texting, The Coach went up to her, And told her to put it away..."Okay"

And he walks away, she pulls it right back out, and he Took it away...She followed him whining and crying.

schwinnmesa said:
Georgia did too but I dont know if it will stop anyone.......need a seinfeld...."make an example out of them" to enforce it!

TheFlyingDingo said:
I cant stand texting. Yes, I text...but I dont like it. There is times my Girlfriend texts me because she is in class and bored out of her mind...the teachers dont care(college) but, Seriously? Just pay attention. I get texts from kids on craigslist too...I can tell when its a kid emailing me about a bike I have...(can i refer to kids younger than me as kids?)

Hey, U Stl Got Bike?

No...It sold to someone who can spell, and type out complete words.

The only time I ever used my phone in class(high school) Was to check this, or my email...and sometimes Craigslist...Im a little bit bike obsessed.

Some people only know how to use text grammar, I was peer editing a history essay a while back that read "Abe Lincoln wuz a kewl guy", "idk if i wood ever do stuff he did, would u?". At first it was funny but then I just felt bad because thats how the person actually wrote. :roll:

Latest posts

Back