My other passion 1946 Chevy truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother & I built this in 2012, gets called a ratrod but it is pretty traditional, with a 235 in line six, 2spd powerglide, mustang II suspension and a 12 volt electrical system. Built as a cruiser... One thing I hate is that most car events don't allow bicycles at them for fear of carelessness I guess.
phonepics022_zpsaf28133c.jpg

NSP2013094_zpsabd65322.jpg

rainy005_zps18ff9b43.jpg

Good car/motorcycle show on Sunday Sept 1st, Minneapolis Messaround @ Memory Lanes Bowling ally in Mpls.

Sweet Rig ,, that's my style , nice thing about trucks is you can show off those bikes in the back !
I think im a LIL Jealous !

In Envy Rafael

I've always loved the 46's! Art deco at it's best! My boss has one that is original & restored. I will have to see if I have a pic of it to share with you. The patina on yours is even better than a nice paint job in my opinion! I'd drive the wheels off of it.

Here is the only pic I could find of my bosses 46. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic but it's all I could find. He is now replacing the original 216 with a 235 for better driveability. His is cool, but I think I like the character/patina of yours better!

I'd take that truck over 10 new ones! That thing is sweet! Not to mention these plastic boxes they call cars now days have no style. As I say if there's no chrome it's no car.

outskirtscustoms said:
I'd take that truck over 10 new ones! That thing is sweet! Not to mention these plastic boxes they call cars now days have no style. As I say if there's no chrome it's no car.

+1 8) 8) 8)

Very nice truck your boss has Pick! It has been a fun project, the rusty stae of the truck bring a lot of curious onlookers. And most say "well that will be a nice truck when you finish her" then they shake their head or say but it would look so nice painted! I guess its all a matter of perspective! Look foreward to meeting you at the show today Mpls Coaster...

Steve's Truck is really cool, we got to see it first hand today at the Mpls Messaround
Steve and his brother were there and they were really stand up guys :D

Got some interesting shots of some cool details (no sun didn't do it true justice)
The grill
IMG_2096II.jpg

Perfectly aged badge
IMG_2095II.jpg

Indicator lamps looked awesome
IMG_2094II.jpg

My wife had to take some artsy shots too :D
IMG_20130901_125649II.jpg

neat details
IMG_20130901_125758II.jpg

Safety Pays :lol:
IMG_20130901_125858II.jpg

The guys were so cool, when I forgot my lock for our bikes (oops),
They let us be park them by the truck and hung out while we got some food, Too cool!!
IMG_20130901_130046II.jpg

My Favorite pic, had to get the low shot of the low truck
IMG_2093II.jpg

We plan on getting together more and then I can see his bikes too :D
Thanks Steve!
Steve

Back