My new work truck trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-36.jpg

It fits!
image-37.jpg

Everything else is packed in there but the trike fits!

those bike are super cool IMO , also want one ! but you should change the the head set angle like this ( o ))____/( o ))o )) so the bike lean when you turn

wow that meritt islandone is not to far from the house too bad my truck is down and funds have to go to it... nice hauler though

jaysmo said:
wow that meritt islandone is not to far from the house too bad my truck is down and funds have to go to it... nice hauler though
Ask them about trades, you never know.

Did a bit more modding to the trike truck to make it a bit more useful. I started by adding new whitewall tires and a cushioned seat, then the horn, then today I swapped the chainring from the stock 44 tooth to a Schwinn "lucky 7" 36 tooth to gear it down a bit. After that I went for a ride and it is MUCH better. A guy stopped me to look at the trike and said he had some sheets of expanded metal I could have if I wanted a more solid floor in it. So now I got a floor that stuff doesn't fall through. Then I added a shelf/seat. Just in case somebody wants a ride. A project is NEVER finished.

image-50.jpg

image-48.jpg

image-49.jpg

You should find a way to put some pedals up front on a full axle.
Love this cargo trike!!!!

A buddy of mine makes Haley Trikes up in Philly
:arrow: http://www.haleytrikes.com/

saranwinerolling.jpg

That's an idea but I want to keep it simple and not have anything on it that can't be removed to haul a load when needed. Extra pedals would get in the way.

yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:
yoothgeye said:
Red reflectors on front... looks dangerous! :eek:
And it came that way!

Wow, you need some white reflectors? I'd hate for you to have someone hit you head on at night who thought they were going the same way as you.
I normally don't ride at night anyway but I have some headlights that are going on in the future.

Figured I'd take a load into the scrapyard this morning and the trailer pulled great behind the trike. Figured I'd show it off.
image-103.jpg

That is a cool big beast of a trike and bright enough to be seen far away, must be nice to ride while looking for bikes & parts around the neighborhood.

kngtmat said:
That is a cool big beast of a trike and bright enough to be seen far away, must be nice to ride while looking for bikes & parts around the neighborhood.

It is nice but it's got it's ups and downs. Somedays it is great deals on rare and valuable bikes other days it's 5 year old department store junk and bent up scrap bikes. As far as the color goes I'm going to have it re-powdered in Maui blue when I get the money. Here's a rendering I did on my computer.

image-117.jpg

Sounds cool, I would take those newer cheap and beat up scrap bikes if someone around town had them because I have parts but all of mine are useless for my 26 inches since they are mainly for 20 inch bikes

kngtmat said:
Sounds cool, I would take those newer cheap and beat up scrap bikes if someone around town had them because I have parts but all of mine are useless for my 26 inches since they are mainly for 20 inch bikes

I always take ANY bike that is free. If I can't use anything from it I take all the bolts, bearings, hubs, and anything else that can be salvaged off and scrap the rest. Then buy scrapped bikes with the money :mrgreen:

I got a little bored today so I added a few accessories to the trike. I still need to get a small motorcycle or moped battery to power the lights and wire them up. But I got them bolted on and I installed a pair of mirrors way forward like the early Toyota imports that had the mirrors on the front fenders. I've always thought that was awesome. Well here it is.

image-118.jpg

image-119.jpg

image-120.jpg

I got bored again so I figured I'd start mocking up my switch panel. Might have gone overboard a little but you never know when you need extra toggle switches. Maybe I'll add extra lights, turn signals, brake lights, CD player, air compressor, air horns, or go James Bond and add flame throwers, oil slick, rockets, ejector seat, or whatever.

image-128.jpg

image-129.jpg

image-130.jpg

Back