My new Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, sadly but necessarily i have given away most of my bikes (namely the chainsaw driven front wheel drive) due to lack of storage while im at uni( guess im lucky enough to store my vauxhall chevette and motorcycle back at home) Still have my black rat phillips and the manhatten tho

but anyway - let me introduce you to the newest money pit

morrie1.jpg

morrie2.jpg

specs
1951 series mm morris minor 4 door with export highlights
912ccs of british grunt - has the original sidevalve engine
am currently waiting on a reproduction of a twin carb manifold to turn her into a real rocket :lol:

plans include - satin black in and out
red or possibly green tuck and roll custom interior
pinstripes (im starting to get good enough to lay them on myself - lots of practice)

basicly turn it into a bit of a mini rod/leadslead - but trying to keep original

that is too kool. have you started doing anything to it yet? lets see some pic.

Outlaw

You should see if you can change the cam, I'm not farmiliar with this car or engine type, but am with this sort of car. I know in a 2.0 liter Volvo pushrod, or OHV, two of the main performance upgrades for the engine are what you are doing already and a more aggressive cam.

I like it, I even like the grey primer.

:D

That's SWEET! :mrgreen: You should lay some lines on it now until you get it painted!(more practice!) :wink:
L8 EM

^ you know it! - i figure thats the best way to see what works - and if it doesnt, a quick squirt of primer will sort that out :lol:
Just finished my last exam, so i now have a week of no classes (dam taking a mid yea paper - i have no holdays) to get as much done as possible :)

skoda said:
You should see if you can change the cam, I'm not farmiliar with this car or engine type, but am with this sort of car. I know in a 2.0 liter Volvo pushrod, or OHV, two of the main performance upgrades for the engine are what you are doing already and a more aggressive cam.

:D

itl be a push rod engine

just painted the interior and door jams satin black - meaning i can really get cranking on the interior (and paint the exterior when i find the time)

i am fairly sure the grill is all 1 piece, tho i have seen some withjust the middle chrome so maybe not. Unless its just the earlier low light versions

I love the Morris Minors..actually there is a guy here in the foothills of Northern California that took one of these years back (he still has it and it is for sale) but he constructed a full tube chassis under it, pro/streeted it and stuffed it with a blown 427 Ford !! I will see if I have any pictures of it..made a few magazines. Reminded me of the old Rat Fink cars with most of the valve covers / blower, and twin Holleys where the hood used to be ! :shock:

because its better than study :oops:
heres a list of the work i have done (i do all the work myself, i have a think for vintage/period tools as well)

POR15 interior floor and inside boot
Spray inside and exterior satin black
make and fit new accellerator cable
Rebuild carb
convert headlights to semisealed halogen units
Rebuild and rewire trafficators
fit ahoogah horn :eek:
fit new rear wheel bearing
fit new front inner lower suspension bushes
master cylinder and wheel cylinders resleaved in stainless steel (ok i didnt do this)
made new brake lines all round
fit new generator/dynamo
slap roof racks on
modify visor to suit
move side mirror and modify to fit on side of visor (peep mirror)
remove rear bumper
new speedo cable

hmm, im sure there was more
still to do
replace front and rear windscrren rubbers
cut/fit carpet
sound deadening
zinc and deaden underside of car
spray engine bay
decide what i want to do wheel wise
alter suspension to suit wheel and tyre choice
Twin carbs