My new/old "bicycle built for two"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first bike yesterday. Now I am hooked. Oiled the chain and pedals and already put a few miles on it.

Picture558.jpg

Picture560-1.jpg

Picture557.jpg

Picture561.jpg

Picture556.jpg

Picture555.jpg

Picture554.jpg

Are you going to rat rod it? It is ratty now but what are your plans?

dumpster_diver said:
Are you going to rat rod it? It is ratty now but what are your plans?

The first thing I did was ditch the reflectors on the wheels. Now I am going to true up the wheels and get some new tires, and a new chain. Adjust the handlebars so they are not crooked when you are going straight. Just get it mechanicaly sound you know. The less resistence the better, its a heavy bike to pedal around, espically being one speed. I would also like to find all the original parts I am missing, put it all back to original condition and then see where I go from there. So far that is the only plans I have for this bike. That and riding it. I am still trying to decide whitwalls or blackwalls, what do you think?

Just got a parts bike. Not really to much I can use. Just a seat and pedals. Maybe the grips, anyone have any tricks to get them off in one piece?

Picture623.jpg

Picture622.jpg

Picture621.jpg

Nothing better than free parts. :wink:
I can't wait to put them on.

Picture615.jpg

Picture620.jpg

Picture618.jpg

Picture619.jpg

Picture564.jpg

would u sell the rear wheels off the girls bike? please let me know soon
got any ics of the center of the hub?

i might have some grips and tires for a trade

dumpster_diver said:

I think the old man that gave me the bike said he wanted the wheels. At least I think thats what he said.:lol: If I end up with them I will definately trade you for something.

Picture626.jpg

Picture627.jpg

for removing stuck grips I use the little spray tube from a WD40 can to pry the grip up a little. Then I spray some glass cleaner or armor all under it

the old bike shop way is to stick a compressor nozzle with a trigger on the end in the hole on one side, then cover the other hole with your thumb real tight and then shoot air through the handle bar. It usually pops right off with no damage whatsoever.

pretty dang cool...

jeff..

Just got another parts bike. Cost me a whole 10 dollars. I almost offered him 5 just for the seat but then the guy said give me 10 for the whole thing and I said no problem. The front rim is kinda trashed. The back one looks straight. Can you guess how I got it home? :lol:

Picture629.jpg

Its not a bike, its a truck. :lol:

Picture630.jpg

I like the look of this seat. Too bad it's not blue.

Picture631.jpg

Picture633.jpg

A three speed hub. And basically it was free. I like it.

Picture634.jpg

Green sparklie grips. Once again I wish they where blue. :(

Picture632.jpg

And of course the scratches to remember the crazy ride home. You know you really get some weird looks from people riding a tandem solo with another bike strapped on the back rack. :lol:

Mikey said:
dumpster_diver said:

I think the old man that gave me the bike said he wanted the wheels. At least I think thats what he said.:lol: If I end up with them I will definately trade you for something.

Picture626.jpg

Picture627.jpg

I will trade a set of blackwall tires, a set of black grips, and a headlight with generator for your tandem. LMK cause I could really use it. Thanks

Also of the green breeze---> If you sell the front fender--I need it for my tandem!!
****Is that a 50-60 chevy in the 1st pic of the green bike pictures??? That bumper looks like it!

dumpster_diver said:
Also of the green breeze---> If you sell the front fender--I need it for my tandem!!
****Is that a 50-60 chevy in the 1st pic of the green bike pictures??? That bumper looks like it!

Thats a 71 volkswagen bus in the first pic. All of these fenders are too clean for my tandem. I need rusty beat up ones. Got any to trade?

dumpster_diver said:
Mikey said:
dumpster_diver said:

Picture626.jpg

Picture627.jpg

I will trade a set of blackwall tires, a set of black grips, and a headlight with generator for your tandem. LMK cause I could really use it. Thanks

I will talk to the old man today or tomorrow and find out what he wanted off the bike. I am pretty sure he said the rims so don't count on them. If I get them that sounds like a good trade to me so I will definately let you know. :wink:

Mikey said:
Just got a parts bike. Not really to much I can use. Just a seat and pedals. Maybe the grips, anyone have any tricks to get them off in one piece?

alcohol [rubbing! that is] and a wire coat hanger or a spoke. Work the wire down between the grip and handle bar , pour some alcohol [rubbing! that is]
down along wire, pull out wire work grip back N forth

Mikey said:
dumpster_diver said:

Thats a 71 volkswagen bus in the first pic. All of these fenders are too clean for my tandem. I need rusty beat up ones. Got any to trade?
I dont have schwinn fenders, but i got quite a few of other kinds. I'm in college but will check on it. please send me an email when u find out, thanx

I don't know. I am not liking this purple and green color combo. Looks kinda girly, maybe cause they are off of girls bikes. :lol: I think the green needs to go. Needs to be Black or Blue. The purple can stay.

Picture643.jpg

Picture644.jpg

Picture645.jpg

Picture642.jpg

Still better than this. Made in Taiwan. :cry:

Back