My latest project, my 1971 Schwinn Suburban Road Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky to stumble upon my bike at the local swap meet, hidden in the back by the side of the truck. I played it cool, & got the guy to sell it to me as a hopeless dream. Once I got home I gave it a good look, & realized it had all the original parts & the paint just had a few chips from someone taking a couple spills and probably storing it in the barn. I pulled it apart, some steel wool for the rust, greased it up & got it back together with some elbow grease & touch up paint I custom mixed to match the drapes. This is the before pic:
3wwJHu1.jpg

And this is what became of the ugly girl in the back of the class.
RX7GE3il.jpg
5Rk3XeYl.jpg
Hp08k4Wl.jpg

Thanks guys! she rides like the day she left the Schwinn Shop. & Now I’m ready to find a next project to work on. :D

Different choice for the seat.. but beautiful bike. I grew up riding a Suburban 5 speed of the same vintage. For a heavy bike it flew and took a heck of a beating. I used to ride it to the big town on Saturdays, would take me an hour and coming home was all uphill. No wonder I weighed 155 lbs as a senior.

Yeah I thought the seat might of been changed by the original owner since I've usually seen them with black seats, the gentleman i bought it from said it was stored away in a barn, & he just made sure everything worked on it to sell that weekend.

Dang! That's a beauty! Nice job -

Back