my huge find......to be determined !!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to pass this place in town and noticed that the older gentleman had quite a few bikes. It looked as if he would by crap bikes and put em' together just to make some coin.....boy was I wrong. I was going to the bike shop the other day for rims and tires for my gf's bike, when i decided to stop at the guys house to ask him if he might have some. turns out, it may have been the best move I've made. In the back yard there turns out to be over 250 bikes, from old ten speeds, to early bmx, schwinn cruisers, stingrays, roadmasters, cwc, silverking, western flyers, krate, lemon peelers....you name it, its probably there. There is also a garage and 2 shacks full to the top of parts etc. He used to own a bike shop back in the 70's and never sold anything. I am helping him straighten up the yard, and cover, sell, and keep some of the bikes. Building him a gate too, to keep out crooks that have been ripping him off. He said, enough is enough, time to get rid of them. The wifes very happy about that too. Anyway, thought i would post a few pics. I'll keep you posted on what I find!!!
l_bd3b243709ecbfd5b0f647eb6038e809.jpg

l_5e42afea04854182bd868396fc1f6cb0.jpg

l_4ca9c6cf88bce44b90e14c3981571a8c.jpg

l_156a2f8d44eba2fd259fc400892d1702.jpg

l_d092984be1ab9c40ee29a6102ea0c6d6.jpg

That copper panther is mine, don't ask! :D

If you find a straightbar tank in there, I'm looking for one. Panther/Hornet ballooner style.

Careful not to poke yourself on something in there, you might wake up!!!

Seriosuly though, careful, might get your Tetanus booster, watch for hornet nests too!

chimichanga said:
man i need to find a place liek that here. lol! Are you gonna get that coppertone schwinn? :D
Got it!!

As far as hornets, got stung already, but worth the pain.
as far as tetanus, I work on old v-dubs, already got my shots!! lol.

Thanks guys and gals.

Hey Krusty,

I know you took some heat from over on the Schwinn board. I think their is a fair amount of jealousy over there, but whatever. Keep an eye out for a 50's Ross frame similar to my RRBBO3 frame, Men's frame has a very exagerrated cantilever, meaning it stays close to the top tube and then swings down to the lower tube quickly, not gracefully like a Schwinn cantilever. Of course i am sure there will be parts that everyone is looking for but if you spot a nice set of Creme with black pinstripe Schwinn, 26" S-2 wheels, think of me 8) :D

Thanks, Joe

SHEESH...I can see why his wife would be happy...ha ha!

Yep, once word got out about that backyard it would be rip off central.

Rat Rod said:
SHEESH...I can see why his wife would be happy...ha ha!

Yep, once word got out about that backyard it would be rip off central.
Thats why I am keepin' it under wraps.

And Joe, I'll make a note of that, Can you pm me a pic so i have something to go on?

Sweet mercy, that's an amazing score. I'm gonna have trouble sleeping...

Let me know if there's a lonely old Paramount that needs a rider. I promise to make it go fast.

Bunbury said:
Sweet mercy, that's an amazing score. I'm gonna have trouble sleeping...

Let me know if there's a lonely old Paramount that needs a rider. I promise to make it go fast.
haha. You got it!!

yeshoney said:
Hey Krusty,

I know you took some heat from over on the Schwinn board. I think their is a fair amount of jealousy over there, but whatever. Keep an eye out for a 50's Ross frame similar to my RRBBO3 frame, Men's frame has a very exagerrated cantilever, meaning it stays close to the top tube and then swings down to the lower tube quickly, not gracefully like a Schwinn cantilever. Of course i am sure there will be parts that everyone is looking for but if you spot a nice set of Creme with black pinstripe Schwinn, 26" S-2 wheels, think of me 8) :D

Thanks, Joe
There is a cream and black schwinn that I have seen so far, but it is the straight duel bar, like the cantilever but straight?

WOW! If I found that I wouldn't sleep for days becuase 1) my heart would be racing, 2) I'd be afraid I was dreaming. Good for you! :D I'm looking for a 26" Schwinn Hollywood for my wife, the older, the better. Have fun with that stuff!

Back