(My George Barris) Iverson Bandito Build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang! as soon as i saw that black curved stuff im like, fenders! shoulda got here yesterday! oh and when the page was loading, the bar athe bottom said there was one picture remaining.. titled "Iverson Bandito Build Fender1" :wink:

lol! Yeah wasn't much of a secret I guess.

The cool thing is for $25 anyone can pick up some fenders at a Farm Implement store. Plastic but they will work. They have other sizes also. Trim with razor blade knife.

I made a mock up of the seat last night. It doesn't have a cover on it yet, but the basic design is there. These seats are like a love seat, and seat at least 3-4 people, lol

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

KJV said:
you gonna show it to George,when finished ? :mrgreen: 8)

I doubt he would care. I am sure he has bigger things going on than to look at my bikes.
I actually have another George Barris Tribute bike I have been working on,
I am calling it the Super Charger! It is based on the Iverson Charger with my own twist of course.
I will post it also when I get some time. :D

i think George would like to see your bikes.
he is a very nice fellow. anyway, i like your builds.
seen the thread on the super charger.nice.
we can get George on the phone.
P1280072.jpg

I think George will surprise you too, he's actually a pretty cool guy. Talked a fair bit with him over the weekend at the Detroit Autorama last winter....

Give it a shot! Maybe ol' Georgie will wanna buy it when you're done?

Thanks, I have heard that, and it would be cool to have the signed or something. Maybe send him a chainguard to sign??

I finally got the seat cover finished up. I am going for something close to the comic book ad. I made this using a 1 x 10 and split it, and then screwed it together to make it stronger.
Then used a 4" thick foam from an old couch I found, I felt it fitting since this seat is as long as a couch! lol :D

bandito1-4.jpg

bandito2-4.jpg

Loving the bike and will probably try something like that one myself..BUT..whats up with the Mopar in the background ??? Building a HighBoy ??
RailRider said:
I finally got the seat cover finished up. I am going for something close to the comic book ad. I made this using a 1 x 10 and split it, and then screwed it together to make it stronger.
Then used a 4" thick foam from an old couch I found, I felt it fitting since this seat is as long as a couch! lol :D

bandito1-4.jpg

bandito2-4.jpg

No it is on Jack stands and the wheel is just sitting there on the floor. It is a Satellite Sebring Plus and being converted to a Road Runner Clone with air grabber hood.
Keeps getting sidelined by bicycle projects, lol

I tried spelling "Satellite" like 4 times and kept getting the redline underneath...love the old Mopars..had a 69 Roadrunner when i was in my 20's..wishing i NEVER sold that one...loving your projects !
RailRider said:
No it is on Jack stands and the wheel is just sitting there on the floor. It is a Satellite Sebring Plus and being converted to a Road Runner Clone with air grabber hood.
Keeps getting sidelined by bicycle projects, lol

KJV said:
dude,you sure are into clones. :p
digg'n the bike projects. :mrgreen:

When you can not afford to buy the real thing you gotta make your own, lol :D

I'm liking your work on these Iverson clones. I've always been into the crazy designs of these bikes.

aka_locojoe said:
Looks great. Nice work. If it weren't for the fact you're building a replica I'd say remove the down tube and chain stays from the donor bike.

I think there would be flex in the frame. Once the guard is in place you don't really see the chain stays anyway. The comic book version actually does not have the down tube, and looks cool, but the originals had them. I am sure due to flex. :D

Finally had time to start grinding and shaping the welds. Next it bondo the grind marks and fill n sand primer. :D

bandito1-5.jpg

bandito2-5.jpg

bandito5-3.jpg

bandito6-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back