My front wheel drive bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would put some photos of my front wheel drive bicycle on here for those that may never have seen it. The first photos are not very good any more they are from the early 80's when I first built it.
no1_zps531303e4.jpg
no2_zps11f4fb18.jpg

This one and the next few are after I went to storage and got out all the parts to put it back together.
no6_zpsb7f2b4ed.jpg
no3_zpsd0a3ce44.jpg
no4_zpsf7137088.jpg
no6_zpsb7f2b4ed.jpg
no5_zpsba23a283.jpg

These next few are of the repaint and the final product. The paint was intended to resemble a carnival ride.
no8_zps977c6dcb.jpg

no7_zps2bfd17f7.jpg

no9_zps8476f9fe.jpg
no11_zps5c645cf3.jpg
no10_zps90f91cbc.jpg
no13_zpsdb221701.jpg
no12_zpsb1485f13.jpg
no14_zps65094dbe.jpg

The seat is an old Schwinn seat that I recovered with a T shirt from the state fair and some clear vinyl from Walmart.

man I can think of a few bike build that setup would be really awesome 4! all wheel drive mechanical mayhem!

DJ Bill the bicycle tries to pull to the right when you pedal but you get use to it. Here is a You Tube video from 2011.

Tha's fantastic... I love it. The colours you have painted it are cool too... reminds me of a Rick Fearless chopper...

Janice_Bike_020.jpg

Thank you Glen and thanks for putting that chopper on here. Several people have told me the colors where similar but I hadn't seen Rick's chopper until now.

I've always wanted to do this for some reason. Looks awesome. Does it go faster when you turn the bars a certain direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rubsterob.. it stays the same speed. I found out a long time ago when I first built it I had to use a freewheel rim on the front. If you have a coaster brake rim on the front and hold the pedals from moving while you are rolling and then turn the handlebars to the right it puts the brakes on. I found this out the hard way.

rubsterob.. it stays the same speed. I found out a long time ago when I first built it I had to use a freewheel rim on the front. If you have a coaster brake rim on the front and hold the pedals from moving while you are rolling and then turn the handlebars to the right it puts the brakes on. I found this out the hard way.
Ouch!

Luke.

Back