My Fixie build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I started to go to the gym and a cardio bike just wasn't it for me. So I decided to tap my roots and get a single speed/fixie platform to use to ride back and forth to the gym. One eBay bid war Later and here she is. So my plans are to drastically change the Darth Vader motif and make the frame look like it was pulled out of a field and modded to ride. Kinda like those old cars/trucks you see around. Surface rust, original paint just wiped off and all the other components brand new and just bolted on. So... Here goes nothin.

:)Actually that and Instagram is what brought me here! Lol! I actually picked up some paint and supplies this evening. Need to remove chain and the BB to get started. I did test up the process I'm going to use, seems solid so far.

I do appreciate the info Horsefarmer, can't wait to add some progress pics here :thumbsup:

So I finally had a few hours to dig into this a little more. I didn't have the right tools to pull the cranks set and bottom bracket so I just taped it off and got to work!

Planning on eventually upgrading everything on here until I get a new project in the wings :)

okay so after dinner I snuck out to the garage to get a few more minutes in on it. Heres the direction I am going...

Far from done... really far from done, but I am getting the major elbow grease part started. A few more days of this, some touch up here and there, add some rust to the bare spots and a few areas and reassemble. Should be golden by next weekend hopefully :D

okay so after dinner I snuck out to the garage to get a few more minutes in on it. Heres the direction I am going...

Far from done... really far from done, but I am getting the major elbow grease part started. A few more days of this, some touch up here and there, add some rust to the bare spots and a few areas and reassemble. Should be golden by next weekend hopefully :D
Looking good!

Luke.

oh! Nice ! iam in love with this color with patina , this bike is gonna end up way cooler :rockout:

So I finally collected the rest of the parts, cut the chain, replaced the neck bearings, got the handle bar wrap and finished assembly.

Before I wrapped the bars, mounted the Cat Velo cpu and finished it up.

This was before I hung a temp rear brake. I chickened out on the total fixie build. I can flip the rear wheel to make it a total fix
if I choose to.

I'll add a better back brake, better wheel set, better bottom bracket and eventually build another one out of the left over parts o_O

Oh and according to the CPU, I can get up to 24.5 MPH :cool2:

Looks cool, sure looked sweet all murdered out though to.

Back