My first build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last oktober I started my first build.
Here's what I did back then; cut the seat tube, shortened it and had my dad welded it more to the back. I also flattened those backtubes and drilled holes:
free picture upload

Made some sort of jig so it would be easier to fit the tubes the way I wanted:

image hosting site no sign up

Bending the tubes:

image hosting site
hosting images

images upload

The result:

gif uploader

upload photo

Next up is the fitting of the pedals.
I want it rolling as soon as possible but it will take a while too find all the parts I want.
I'm very pleased with the result so far.

Thanks for all the inspiration you guys gave me 8)

Last edited:
Thank you

I don't know yet. I like rats and i don't like sanding, filling and painting :?
And if I'm gonna paint it, I also need other decent (non rusty) parts, tires etc.
It will cost a whole lot more, but she might deserves all that special attention.

What would you do? :D

I'd paint it! :D I think it deserves it! It would be a shame to see it rust apart... And maybe you'll come up with a paintscheme that interacts and blends nicely with the rusty parts? Give it some thought! :) To me that's one of the things that's so rewarding with building a bike, thinking about what would be nice on it and figure out ways to do it. Sometimes ideas come from the strangest places! :D
If filler and sanding is why you don't like to paint then skip filler and just paint it!! :D Doesn't have to be so expensive, a couple of rattlecans...and then you can't stop!!! Two tone!! Stripes!!! :lol:

Those are just my ideas. Your bike your choices, you can't go wrong just have fun with it!

Thanks for your opinion.
Maybe this is the way to go:
paint it but with a worn look; make it look like its 80 years old but in good used condition.
A bit of both worlds :D
We'll see
Good night too all

Its been over 5 years since i started this project but a few weeks ago i finally dug the frame up from the attic. I painted the frame with hammerite and started putting the bike together with parts i wasn't going to use on other bikes.

image posting

Back