My first build: 1912 Indian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High guys, I finally got back to work and here are a few pictures of the frame going together. Dan Orabona of Taylar Motorbikes built the front forks for me, he did a great job. I built the wheels. More photos as I progress. Thanks for stopping!
IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg
IMG_1188.jpg
IMG_1187.jpg
untitled.jpg
wheel2.jpg
wheel.jpg

This is goijng to be incredible! Especially if your following those schematics you have on the wall thaat well :shock:

Is it going to be just bike or is it going to have a motor in it? That big of tubing is pretty much just building a heavy duty Indian, might as well just throw in a 61cui. V .... 8) Jeeze 61 inches has to be crammed into those things, shows you how tiny they are, couldnt imagine taking one 100mph sideways, aired down tires, no throttle control, and no brakes. ...On a wall made of splinters :shock:

Thanks guys!
I will be putting in a Lifan 200cc motorcycle engine with a 5 speed transmission. I will have to license it as a motorcycle as I am expecting speeds up to 60mph out of it. I will post some pictures of the engine soon. I will be working next on the rear triangle with its upside down jackshaft setup per the original Indian design. You can seee the odd flat area at the front of the chain stays on my drawing where it will live.

:D This is going to be a cool build,i'll keep an eye on this one for i'am planning to build my own boardtracker one of this days. :D
goodluck on this build,and keep us updated thank you.

Here is a photo of the original Indian I'm modeling my build after. Also a photo of the engine that will go in the bike and the solid steel rear hub that the drive sprocket will attach to.
indianstretchdirtbike.jpg

KGrHqMOKj0E3Re9S7uBN7CZspwOw_12.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg

Latest posts

Back