My first bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This used to be my grandpa's bike. It used to have a beat up wald basket on the bars, and he'd set me in it when I was very small and give me a ride home (less than a half mile)

Then it ended up under the eve of the barn for a few years, after grandpa had a stroke and couldn't ride a bike anymore. So, in the middle of the winter of I think 06, I walked over to the barn armed with an army trench shovel and started digging. When I started, I could only see the one handlebar sticking out of the snow and ice. And after I had it pulled from there, it took me three weeks to unthaw it and get it back to rideable shape. The tires had been pumped full of no-flat, and the back one was too roached to use (still have the rubber filled innertube). But the front still is in good shape. And it weighs allmost 42 lbs! So, when you bomb a hill with this beast, it acts kind of like a gyroscope.

the old columbia has been kicking around here for six years, and this is how i
534831_344274245678264_1564947478_n.jpg
t's sitting today. I had the skinny tire on the front to try to ride in the snow, thinking the small tire would cut through the snow and make a pilot path for the fatter tire in the back. Wrong.

Well, that's it for now. Thanks!

Ccd

Back