My find for the day by a dumpster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a decal guy you can use...

He is in Ohio and can do anything you need. He does most of the decals you need already I would bet. Check his stuff on eBay, his ID is b-craw1 I think.

If you can't find it, search Buzz Bike Decal and you should find his stuff. He does a lot more decals than he has listed, and I think most of the repop decals on eBay are probably made by him.

Indeed!

That is pretty cool you can make them! Look forward to the finished product.

You never see those bars any more. Awesome find. I think you can probably make a few bucks on those. I believe they were Musclebike accessories back in the day.('60's-'70's)

I was thinking of the muscle bike handle bars when I first seen them, but thought they looked a little different than the ones I've seen in the past.

The Paint is Testors 1642 gloss custom gold metal flake, on grey primer and then a good clear coat, I tried a test painting on top of a chrome paint and it made no difference.

As for finding these bikes, I've always had a knack for finding old things and a lot of luck, many years in the VW Scene I would always come up with the craziest rare stuff, also a avid antique collector. Lately been buying and selling some crazy looking old European cars etc. and just getting back to messing with a chopped top VW bug that I'm rat rod'n, just found a pair of 1929 Rolls Royce Drum Headlights that I plan to put on it. I prefer being the original person to find a item not off the web. :) So just getting started on the bike search, no telling what I'll come up with next, already have a good lead on some really old bikes, just need to make the time and call the guy.

Latest posts

Back