My Electra Sparker's in! :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

My Sparker finally got in today and I'm stoked! I can't wait for night to come so I can take it out to the park and have a ride. I think this is the 2008 model, in Grey Satin (that's the only colour that comes to Australia). Apologies for the "new" lights and reflectors but the store didn't have any cool headlamps :p

Here it is sitting happily in my living room. My apartment is tiny and I had a heck of a time trying to get those moonbars through the door and down the narrow hallway!

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Hi all,

I just took my Sparker for its maiden voyage!

And can I just say : WHAT A RIDE!!!! I love it!

It handled all the bumps and potholes amazingly, my derriere wasn't assaulted like it is each time I ride a mountain bike, and the gearing system is amazing. I won't be winning any races soon but it can go pretty quick if needed. But life is about slowing down and enjoying the ride, right?

Here's some (crappy) pics from the park:

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

I never knew riding could be so enjoyable :D

Nice Sparker! 8) There's something about sitting on(almost feels like IN) an Electra that makes you feel like you've got something pretty awesome.

I recently acquired a Deluxe Relic and after having it for about a month I'd like to add a Sparker to my collection, too. The new '09 in satin black with the orange wheels is the one I want.
sparker_special_ae757.jpg

Here's my Electra. I absolutely love this thing.
cbx1edtt.jpg

CONGRATS !!! on the new ride :D

i like the grey the best myself, one sharp looking bike. only electra ive rode was a townie but the pedals-forward frames are comfy, like when you stop, your body doesnt move, you just put your feet down and pick em up to start pedaling again.

Electras are a nice mix of old and new styling. I see Australia must have a front brake requirement as yours has a rollerbrake.

I dig the bike the brake makes it look even more tuff.
"I can't wait for night to come so I can take it out to the park and have a ride"
Do you have to wait till night cause it 105 degrees F :shock: during the day?
Have fun with it!

I love my Electra's to bits 8) point is, I have had my Rat Rod since 2003, and so far nothing has broken down or given me problems what so ever - and it is my daily commuter bike, so I'm pretty impressed quality-wise. And the remark about sitting IN instead of on the bike is most certainly true for my Ghostrider, absolutely my favourite bike ever ! And ever since my girlfriend got an Electra Hellbilly she totally understands me :lol: life can be good !

[/end advertisement] :mrgreen:

I dig that Sparker too by the way, especially the 2009 one in black/orange, and that Relic is pretty awesome too. Good branding by Electra.

cman said:
Electras are a nice mix of old and new styling. I see Australia must have a front brake requirement as yours has a rollerbrake.

Aus does have a minimum one hand brake requirement! I believe Electra does sell their bikes with an optional front brake? A lot of Electra models don't get to Australia and I think it's because of their geometry, not too sure if it's about the brakes. We don't have any of the Steamride series :( If the govt finds out a store has been selling bikes without at least a front hand brake, they make them recall them and fit a front brake.

Skipton said:
"I can't wait for night to come so I can take it out to the park and have a ride"
Do you have to wait till night cause it 105 degrees F :shock: during the day? Have fun with it!

I did a degrees conversion (we use Celsius) and it says we've been having 105.8 F weather! Melbourne has pretty erratic weather so night time is my best bet for a cool ride :p

You guys do have some beautiful rides! I'm glad to finally join the Electra club - this is my first bike in 13 years since I got a bmx thing when I was 7 :shock:

hey jon here, do you happen to know where Babinda is located there?

Thanks for the info, was hoping it was closer i might visit there one day and would have been cool to get with some of the ratrodders there.
as long as i could borrow a bike!

I like the welds on the frame. The riding position is what makes them a great ride. I need to find where to get a bent seatpost to get that same angle on a standard frame.

The first out door pic looks like the trash can is mounted on your handlebars like a basket. I first thought it was a huge basket of some kind.

I visited Australia (Perth) back in 1983, but it seems like yesterday. I was serving on the Enterprise and we had just spent 64 days at sea. They wouldn't let me bring my old Hercules bike on the ferry, so I bought an used BSA folder type bike from a shop there. My buddies laughed when they saw me ride up on that little orange bike in my white crackerjacks.

I´m interested about this bike, but I´m wondering is it enough just one brake on rear tire? Is it enough practical? Thank you for answer.

Latest posts

Back