My El_Torreon_Swap_Meet finds.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I found today. It was a good swap meet, and a good time.
Here's a wagon I got, Greyhound Special,
100_1194.jpg

Here's a track bike I bought, head badge reads, "original stadium bicycles" I don't know what year it is, any idea?
100_1199.jpg

100_1196.jpg

100_1197.jpg

100_1199.jpg

Check out the wing nuts on the wheels,
100_1198.jpg

Nice! The track bike is, well, luscious, for lack of a better word! :mrgreen: It looks turn of the century in some respects, but the drive train is 1/2 pitch, which kind of debunks that, I think. My stab in the dark guess would be 1940's. The rims look steel, and also, clincher... are they, in fact? That would be wicked sweet if they were clincher and 700C - lube, tires, and go :mrgreen:

Those handlebars on the track bike are cool. The dropouts looks Columbish but could be wrong. The 1/2" drivetrain plus dropouts look late 40s to early 50s.

The wheels on the track bike look to be 28", or something other than 26". I might swap them out for a set of 26" wheels I have, that have the same patina. I also thought about taking it to the local spandex bike shop and seeing if he had tires that fit the stock wheels. We'll see. I have an old leather seat for it too. The handle bars are a smaller diameter than regular bars, I need to find some grips for it too. Just a cool old bike. Dean

Back