My Dallas ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was in Texas last month and hooked up with HOTVW from the forum for a one day ride.
We met at White Rock lake rode around and then headed down town.

DSC02540-1.jpg

DSC02541-1.jpg

I really liked what I think is called Kattie Lane not sure but a sweet bike path and stoped for a cold one.

DSC02542-1.jpg

Then down town.

DSC02546.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

Another cold one down town and a pic of nice girl who at to ride Hotvw's bike. (I'm not mad it wasn't my bike) :|

DSC02556.jpg

DSC02557.jpg

I had a great time in texas and plan on being back soon.

Hotvw A.K.A James took me for a great ride ( Thanks Bro ) but Greg66 of Roth customs and I just call him Tex. :lol:

Saw that gold bike in the back of a truck at last weekends swap meet , great looking bike. Looks alot like a old school hotrod.

Thanks BigAl for coming to Dallas and i went to the bicycle show in Hurst and we had to leave to go to Fort Worth where they was having a bike sale on a bunch of old bikes. i got 2 in Fort Worth and 1 at the bike show in Hurst. Al u have a place to stay here in my city anytime u get ready to come to Texas again. I had a awesome time and it was a great ride. Ur a cool guy to hang out with and look forward to the next trip. Cant wait to go to California for Behind The Bars Show :D

I HAVE SEEN JAMES POST TRYING TO GET A RIDE GOING BUT NO TAKERS.I DON'T GET IT.WE RIDE IN CALIFORNIA JAMES CAME OUT THIS SUMMER ,AND RODE WITH A GROUP WITH WELL OVER 100 RIDERS .HE SEEN HOW WE ROLL IN CALIFORNIA HE CAN TEACH YOU Y'ALL IN TEXAS HOW TO RIDE .SEE YOU NEXT SUMMER JAMES YOU KNOW YOU GOT A HOME AWAY FROM HOME IN CALIFORNIA.

Ha Ha...yeah, it's just not the same here in Texas.

Down here it's how big your truck is...not how cool is your bicycle. :lol:

As a result...the likelihood of getting run over by said truck is high.

And if I remember correctly...he was trying to get a ride going when the temps were over the 100 mark. :oops:

OVER100 YA THATS HOW WE RIDE IN JULY.I WANT TO SEE JAMES GET A RIDE GOING THIS GUY HAS MY RESPECT HE IS A HARDCORE BIKE GUY .WE BECAME GOOD FRIENDS OVER THE PHONE .WE HAVE WORKED ON JAMES BIKE OVER THE PHONE,BUT WITH OUT RAT ROD BIKES I WOULD NOT HAVE MEET JAMES ,SO THANK YOU STEVE.IF YOU GUYS HAVE A CHANCE TO RIDE GO DO IT.

Steve is not kidding about competing with four wheeled kind. My inlaws live in Waxahachie Tx. just a little south of them and I've been coming on visits for about five years now. I always bring one of my customs to ride around town when I'm there. Most people look at me as if I were from another planet. It's like bikes are for kids put a motor in that thing or get off the road. :roll: Then I roll up with my big FJ and I'm one of them :lol: It's all good. The lake and Katy trail where perfect for a ride I know you have had to rode that before Steve.

Hey i go to dallas to ride all the time and ride my bike downtown dallas down greenville and rode with critical mass thru mokingbird to katy trail and back downtown, ive went with the richardson bike club and rode from richardson to addison so i dont buy into the the excuse of cant ride cant ride yes cars and trucks do pose issues but if ur hardcore and truly want to represent what it means to ride then u find alternative places to ride dont use the excuse of it being over 100 degrees or the trucks on the road its then u decide of somewhere else to ride at instead but nope everyone has found a excuse to not ride and so be it.. me and greg roth met on rat rod and have indeed become great friends and i cant wait to go back to california to ride with people that i know will make no excuses when it comes to riding. and steve if i remember correctly i said for yall to throw out a time to meet up and ride as well. but no takers its funny how ive went out of state to ride and BigAl from New Mexico came to Texas and we rode but none of Yall here that actually live in TEXAS really want to ride.. seems as if its just a front a cover for it. So cant say i didnt try.. But hey thanks Steve cuz i have met 2 great guys to ride with and have got 2 new friends and both these guys always got a home away from home at my house. but steve that offer still stands even after i have told u my feelings. Have a great night! Cant wait to meet u at the Garland show i didnt get to meet u at the last one cuz i had to leave to go buy some more bicycles in fort worth.. :D

Back