My Cyclophobie: Oh my God its a Rat Rod!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been watching you from the beginning! You came here to go to SCHOOL. Now.....you're taking US to school! GOOD JOB! 8)

dam......i wanted a british racing green but now its s john deer green :x
images

well, anyway i worked the whole day. and now i´ve a rideable bike but its still not finished :wink: . the front wheel is spoked in "3leading 3 tailing" ......the rearwheel in future (i hope so ^^) too.

i´ve to paint the fork black (and the rims) , i need other pedals, grips, tires.......... :roll: :lol:

and..... :lol: however....

here are the first pics....

file.php

file.php

file.php

the problem with the green paint was, that i orderd it on the internet (http://www.molotow.com) and there the color i chose was (on the screen) darker than later in reality :| ....next time black :lol:

You could paint the wheels yellow to complete the John Deere motif you accidently came across. I'd put a tank plate on it and paint 'GREEN ACHERS' lettering on it. I own a 1972 J.D. 110 garden tractor. Reliable, easy to fix and built like a tank.

Hot stuff! John Deere would have fun with this..., but me too 8)
Molotow has a transparent black in its portfolio. I used it to darken the purple color of my Durango95 partially. Maybe that could help if you really do not like that lightnin green...

That's a sweet ride! I'm the same way if I don't or can't have it, make one :!: And I'm all for das green :mrgreen: ej599; I've welded over braze and my flux-wire welder DID NOT like it! It popped and fizzed like welding over paint or flux crust. So when i get the paint off and there's yellow, it's gotta go. And I'm getting a ox/acet tourch to weld, braze, and lead with 'cuz the mess of spatter and grinding and filler has become no fun. I'd rather be painting :mrgreen:

yesterday i orderd new rims and new tires in creme.... :D ....i´ll get them in 1 or 2 weeks :|

the fork will be painted black, i thought about taking a chrome fork but the head tube is too long, so that the chrome fork i have doesn´t fit...

you can always stripp the paint off what you have and shine them up nice to match the bars

Back