my curbside find sears tank bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy found this with a couple of other bikes up againset tree in front of somebodys house on the side of the road its a vintage ladys sears tank bicycle is the bend in the seat tube supposed to be there i dont think the seat post is oringinel i think the crank is not either it seems like it is scrapeing it might just be the tires need airs and i got to get that old sigma thing off the handlebars and fork i think it was a how many miles you ridden thing at one but the digital par is missing
thunderbirdandsearsbike001.jpg

thunderbirdandsearsbike015.jpg
thunderbirdandsearsbike007.jpg
thunderbirdandsearsbike004.jpg
thunderbirdandsearsbike010.jpg
thunderbirdandsearsbike008.jpg
thunderbirdandsearsbike014.jpg
thunderbirdandsearsbike013.jpg

Nice old bike. The sprocket and cranks look original, but the frame is bent. It may be able to be straightened, but I wonder what bent it that way. Either the steel was weak or someone of tremendous weight rode it, maybe two people. The forks look straight, so I dont think it ran into something.

weird that someone put a Sigma computer on it. that tank is the same tank as the boy's Western Flyer I'm fixing up currently.

i will probably put a shorter crank on it maybe one for like a 16 inch bike i got to get one of those sometime you can them for under 100 dollars at wallmart i like the bend in it . it looks cool since it not mint conditon maybe i might let it completly rust out

yeah, but with that bend could come some safety issues... Cuz for it to bend there, the lower chainstays probably bent too... So just be careful... Don't take it off any sweet jumps or anything...

Markm said:
...if you flip that tank it wil "fit" a mans frame...
i dont have any other bikers with holes accept the columbia but that has all ready a tank i will have to check my mens sears bike see if there is some and my fuji bike i think the holes are too big

Hey Micah.........Hope Nobody's LOOKING for those bikes , TODAY! :lol:

KOTA said:
Hey Micah.........Hope Nobody's LOOKING for those bikes , TODAY! :lol:
i only grab this one the others where just 80s or 90s junk

Looks like you're missing the headlight portion that goes on the front of the tank.

Here's yours...
thunderbirdandsearsbike001.jpg

Here's a Murray version (same bike) for comparison. I came upon it while at work. I asked if it was for sale, but no luck.
100_8182.JPG

100_8183.JPG

100_8184.JPG

100_8185.JPG

100_8186.JPG

100_8187.JPG

Here's what your frame should look like:

gpasbikeoriginally.jpg

and here's the same bike, redone:

dadsbike.jpg

and here's another one...

sarahsbike1.jpg

cool photos everone i have start takeing the stuff i made on my fuji bike and putting it on my sears bike i got to get some double d-40 the pedel wont come off to get the crank off but once i do its going to be a stretch bike without stretching the frame i stuck on it a fat short handle bar stem down of the seat post stem but first i had to file the seat post stem it was to fat in the middle then i hammered the stem down over it in the handlebar stem it has a modern seat post stem in in it to exstend it out and im going to add giant apes and a suspension sissybar green velour back rest and seat from my fuji back when it was on the fuji bike my leg wear exstended out like a stretch bike instead of being right under the seat im not sure why the bent seat tube would be a saftey issue whats does it matter if the chainstay is bent i guess i will sea what happens when i take it for a ride once i get it togther first thing though is to get the pedel off i got the crank bolts off now just got to get that pedel off :roll:

Back