My Cruiser Mk. C

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics of my cruiser. Admittedly, I wasn't that creative in finding an appropriate name for my pride and joy. Themewise, I went for a look of the Bentley racing cars of the 1920s. This is even more funnier as the bike runs quite fast when considering the weight of almost 50 lbs. :lol:
The manufacturer dubbed this frame "Classic C" and I can say that it was love on first sight. Furthermore, I'm fascinated by the early tanks (with all their shortcomings...), so the name was settled:

Cruiser Mk. C

CruiserMkC_0001.jpg

CruiserMkC_0003.jpg

Next on my todo-list is the fork. It has to be replaced as I want to have it in the same colour like the frame.

CruiserMkC_0002.jpg

The Brooks saddle (an X-mas gift of Mrs Trencher...) has yet to be ridden in. Ouch! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CruiserMkC_0004.jpg

The speedometer is of GDR-vintage and has the perfect size (measuring only 48mm in diameter), however I'm still looking for a small one with a mph dial and a driver for 26" wheels to stay within my achieved theme.

Stickshifter_001.jpg

I've chosen a rather unconventional way of connecting the stick shifter with the frame. Some might say that this kind of bolting is rather brutal. Afterwards, I've learned a much more elegant way... :oops:
Anyway, it is very sturdy and works perfectly with a rewarding and smooth click (like it should! :D ).

All in all, this is still a very work-in-progress affair. I hope that I didn't mistook some technical terms as English isn't my first language. I think I have to learn a lot there. Please feel free to ask. C &C is -as always- welcome.

Hey Herr Trencher! When you want to sell your spring fork, you can count on me to buy it immediatly! :lol:

Thanks for your kind words, folks!!! :D :D :D

cruisehard said:
Very nice ride! Where did you get the army bag at?

It is a replica of a bag for the mess kit of the German Bundeswehr. Some of the original ones (you can tell them by a 13-digit code) are waaay to greasy (yuck!) and worn out. Furthermore, you'll get replicas of these bags even in plaid or checker style. I don't know where to get these bags in the U.S., but since you can get U.S. Army gear in Europe, it should work the other way as well...
It has a good size for tools, a replacement tube, and all the other needful things while on a cruise.

icyuod2 said:
$600 for that frame????? darn i'm moving to england. :)

Prior to buying this bike, I've considered buying a Firebikes frame in Canada. And nearly the same thought occured to me. The shipping, the customs and the unevitable taxes would've been almost the same price as the frame alone. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back