my commuters....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My car has been down for a year, but I am lucky to live about 8 miles from work so i have been riding everyday!
These two machines are treating me well!!!

Here are my rides... an early '60's Murray Spaceliner...

DSC02466.jpg

DSC02469.jpg

with home made light rigs and temporary Planet Bike fenders until i figure out which metal fenders will fit!
(.... If anybody has brand suggestions....)
And the geared bike is a 97 Magna mountain bike. I switched out the 26x2.25s for some Panaracer 26 x 1.25s,
flipped the handle bars upside down, added a LED flashlight/headlight, a 'trunk', and a side view mirror...

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

Here they are lit up.....
DSC02485.jpg

If you're interested in spending a little on the old Murray,

I would buy a set of the really nice Duro 26x1.75 whitewall tires and use the correct chrome spaceliner fenders... if you type "Higgins bicycle" on ebay and search title and description, or search Murray bicycle the same way, you should find some fenders in short time and reasonably inexpensively. (Sometimes "Sears bicycle" is a good search to try, too).Those spaclenier/Fleetliner Murrays look so nice with whitewalls and chrome fenders.

I own a pair of these repro whitewalls, great quality, relatively inexpensive. The seller is really nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0347083348

Nice looking bikes either way!

nice spaceliner. :D i also commute to work everyday or at least untill we got hit with snow everyday. i can ride in it, its just the inconciderate or freaky drivers out there who can't drive in it, freak out when they see me on the road or just like to hit any huge slush pond in my proximity to turn me into an instant snowman. :( i hope to get out there soon, or as soon as the city can take the streets to blacktop so im not trying to drive over refreeze snow and ice.

i added a pair of firmstrong fenders i found at beachbike.com to one of my cruisers for like $25 bucks. all chrome, nice and wide, got here in like 5 days and they look mean with 2.125 whitewalls on chrome wheels.

Awesome dude! I commute every day too, and during the summer I commute almost exclusively on my custom SpaceLiners or one of my other cruisers:
2826560485_9e361a92bd.jpg

the bike rack at work, by September I was the lone bike commuter on the corporate campus again. Keep it up! And ride safely! Keep rockin them lights, and you might think about getting a DLG set up too:
2536003482_52f715b4f8.jpg

Nice 'Liner man! I've got 3 myself... I've got the correct front fender for your springer if you want one... $10 plus shipping. Chrome is in good shape on it. The back one, I have one of those too, but the chrome isn't too hot. But you could have it for free if you buy the front one... Let me know. They are just gathering dust here...

BrigmasterA said:
Nice 'Liner man! I've got 3 myself... I've got the correct front fender for your springer if you want one... $10 plus shipping. Chrome is in good shape on it. The back one, I have one of those too, but the chrome isn't too hot. But you could have it for free if you buy the front one... Let me know. They are just gathering dust here...
wow cool yeah I'd be interested in that !!!! I don't mind a bit o' rust on the rear fender, it will match the nooks and crannies of my frame :wink: , at least until i figure out how to get the rust out o' there too!!! Thanks for the 'heads up', :!: :!: :!: I am in Pasadena, CA so i do'nt think the shipping will be too horrible Let me know how we can seal the deal!( i'm new so i don't know the protocol!)

Back