my 62 middleweight...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally got it all pieced together and made a lap around the block. rode pretty good. i need to mess with the gearing, but i think i have a line on a 2 speed kickback so i will wait and see what comes from that.
it's not much, but here it is:

HPIM2933.jpg

HPIM2934.jpg

Nice ride. :mrgreen:

thanks guys. i am trying to free up a "four leaf clover" chain ring from a rusty crank that i'd like to use. it is proving more stubborn than me at the moment though. i also want to clean up those rusty pedals some so they look a little better than they do now.
this place has been a great inspiration so far.

i also want to clean up those rusty pedals some so they look a little better than they do now.

A soak in Wood Bleach from your local Do It Best hardware store fixes them right up.(oxalic acid)

ezernut9mm said:
thanks guys. i am trying to free up a "four leaf clover" chain ring from a rusty crank that i'd like to use. it is proving more stubborn than me at the moment though. i also want to clean up those rusty pedals some so they look a little better than they do now.

I actually kinda prefer the "Lucky 7" chainring like you have and got one for my 2012 Breeze, freeing up its shiney, new chrome Schwinn cloverleaf chainring. I'm probably not going to use it... I'm just saying. :wink:

Voyager Al said:
i also want to clean up those rusty pedals some so they look a little better than they do now.

A soak in Wood Bleach from your local Do It Best hardware store fixes them right up.(oxalic acid)

thanks for the tip. i'll give it a try,

roadmaster said:
ezernut9mm said:

I actually kinda prefer the "Lucky 7" chainring like you have and got one for my 2012 Breeze, freeing up its shiney, new chrome Schwinn cloverleaf chainring. I'm probably not going to use it... I'm just saying. :wink:

hmm....give me a few more days and i'll get with ya. lol. i'm gonna get it freed up one way or another.

Back