My 1st rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was searching CL for a bike to ride around the city and have always enjoyed tinkering w/ bikes. I was looking for an older cruiser. Wife thought I was nuts when I picked it up. I have an old luggage rack that I may try out w/ it when I run across a seat clamp that will work.

The rims. Crankset and handlebar stem were on it when I got it. The rest has been cannibalized off of other CL bikes.

I like it! Only thing it needs is a multi speed hub and it'd be a go anywhere anytime bike. I'm not convinced the orange goes with the red....but mismatched parts are what rats are about. Personally I'd be swapping in some dark blue or black ones or chrome. Your orange rims are way too good looking to repaint. That's just my opinion...and worth exactly what ya paid.. :bigsmile:

What is the black thing on the front wheel?

Ive got a Schwinn middleweight canti frame with the same bars - love em the are super comfy... :happy:

I like it! Only thing it needs is a multi speed hub and it'd be a go anywhere anytime bike. I'm not convinced the orange goes with the red....but mismatched parts are what rats are about. Personally I'd be swapping in some dark blue or black ones or chrome. Your orange rims are way too good looking to repaint. That's just my opinion...and worth exactly what ya paid.. :bigsmile:

What is the black thing on the front wheel?

I've got some black and brushed chrome wheels that are going to get blue bricks on them that I was planning for a pre war Hiawatha that I am in the process of stripping down. The pedal is rusted on. I'm going to try heating it w/ a torch when I get a chance.

That black thing is one of those LED wheel lights. I live in the city and am riding after 1am often.

Here is an old coast to coast that I picked up for the bars and saddle. After I got it broke down the all chrome came back to life and the frame was solid so I just rebuilt it.

It is a cool rat bike. Paint is a personal preference thing that will have as many opinions as people involved. For some reason, the mismatched colors work, but that is just my opinion.

Back