My 1964 Columbia Sterling

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I or should I not strip and repaint the frame?

• Should

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • Should Not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few upgrades thus far. New seat, the original metal one was way too harsh, a set of big ol' apehanger bars, original red metallic grips, and I swapped the stock red fenders for a set of chromes. Future upgrades will include better seat, new sprocket, pedals, crank, chain, chaingurad and maybe a custom paint job on the frame.

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02540.jpg

I voted to not strip and repaint. That's very nice original paint. Nice bike!

i agree, the red looks great !!! if ya wanna paint somethin, get some junk fenders and paint em white or black IMO, chromes nice but i prefer painted myself

Yeah, no need to repaint. It may look better however with some wider tires, to fill out the fenders. You can't go wrong with fat rubber, right people?

Hugo

Definitely put some fatty tires on that bad boy. I checked out those twisty chain guards you were talking about but it looks like they only come in 20" sizes. I'd still go for a springer fork, that'd look sick.

Correct

Hugo said:
Yeah, no need to repaint. It may look better however with some wider tires, to fill out the fenders. You can't go wrong with fat rubber, right people?

Hugo

Dang right Hugo...as fat as will fit in the frame.

I believe fatter rubber to be the solution to many of the world's problems :mrgreen:

Back