My 1956 Volkswagen Beetle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
I had to put off a lot of bike projects to works on this one. Bought it in 2003, drove it for a year then got tired of that green paintand the red interior. It looked like a lima bean watermelon. it was a good driver but it bothered me that a lot of the parts on it were not year specific. so i took care of it. me and my dad just finished it about three months ago. Its powed big a good strong. . . . 36hp motor. everythings still 6 volt! Yay winter!

5342501605_9cb02cd2a8.jpg

5343110996_1c95d041bd.jpg

5342501633_48ecf0006e.jpg

5342501665_ba3c905bb1.jpg

i love that coral color very nice. stock bugs are a nice refreshing look rather than the normal cal look or slammed into the ground look. not to say i dont like those but when you see a nice clean early resto it just looks right. now you just need an okrasa in that sucker :D

haha the okrasa kit was for the 36 hp and later the 40 hp engine. either that or maybe a judson!!!!

outskirtscustoms said:
beautiful! Did you see the new concept bug? Too bad it'll probably never see production :roll:

vwbeetlebybackope2.jpg
Is that picture a larger version of what you have had your avatar on the site. :?:

My dad bought a '58 bug in '59 when I was 6 yrs. old. I spent a lot of time in that thing. I learned to drive a car and operate a stick shift in that bug. Back then, they were so rare that when you passed another one on the road you always beeped your horns at each other and waved. Gary

:shock: :shock: :shock: this makes my 69' and 74' vw bugs jealous :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) :shock:

Double Nickle said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah it's my current avatar. I got tired of the other one.
Was the other a picture of an older model.

Yeah it was one that was photo shopped to look lower and the front and back had outrageous camber and just looked fake so I swapped it for this one. The other one I had before that was a VW logo with pinstripes, I just wanted to change it up a little.

Back