My $15 dollar Monark(SORT OF)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eparsons

They say I gotta go to rehab and I say NO NO NO
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I got this today from a great guy,(thanks Pete) who held it for me for a week. Its a 40's or 50's monark. I can make out the word sport on the top tube but can't read the next word. It also has a bicycle license from Blue Mound Texas. The front fork is a old schwinn with the lock still intacted. The wheels and tires are new from Deville in Dallas, going to keep those bought sell off the other new parts. Ok i know how do i have $15 dollars in this awsome piece of machinery. Well i had two bmx bikes that i had $160 dollars in and sold them to a guy for a $150 dollars and a 2012 redline mx24 cruiser. I put new grips on it so i had $15 dollars and in it. Sold it for the money to buy this, so inturn the $15 dollar monark.
DSCN2458.jpg
The frame and fork have been clear coated over that beautiful patina.
DSCN2459.jpg
DSCN2460.jpg
DSCN2461.jpg
DSCN2462.jpg
DSCN2463.jpg
DSCN2465.jpg
DSCN2466.jpg
Thanks for looking

Re: My $15 dollar Monarch(SORT OF)

Very nice. There's over $100 in tires alone right there.

I rock a pair of those tires on my cargo bike, I love em, are they diffornt in parts of the world? mine are same color but the wording on them isn't the same as the ones i've seen in usa. well i bought them recently too. nice looking ride though

Nice bike. I love it when a plan comes together like that :D
I've got a set of cream Fat Franks also with different lettering too. Everytime they're on a bike I'm thinking of selling, I cave at the last minute and take 'em off and keep them! I love the tyres but I always think the reflective safety strip spoils the looke of them... It's a good idea an' all but...

Hsean said:
I rock a pair of those tires on my cargo bike, I love em, are they diffornt in parts of the world? mine are same color but the wording on them isn't the same as the ones i've seen in usa. well i bought them recently too. nice looking ride though

I believe those are older Schwables from the lettering. The newer tires have the name Schawble in a black "box" and "Fat Frank" 180 degrees on the other side....

Btw, killer bike!!

Bodge Deep said:
I love the tyres but I always think the reflective safety strip spoils the looke of them... It's a good idea an' all but...

You can get the creme and the black Fat Franks without the reflective stripe. I've got them on a couple bikes.

Back