Musclebikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking to people in the Custom Mk thread and it started turning into a muscle bike thread. I have absolutely no problem with that I just think th pics of musclebikes should be in a place where they could be more easely found. So I'll post some of mine, and if you guys have muslebikes please post some of yours.

Heres pis of my Hydeman, my Raleigh ( sold) and my Orange Krate Single Speed ( I now have the correct springer and front wheel on it).
bikes002.jpg

JoshsRaleighChopper001.jpg

variouspics008.jpg

Here's my 1969 "Northern Cycle"...which became "Norco" in The Mid-70's
3 Speed Shimano 333..This Bike is Bone Stock and Only Missing it's Chaingaurd...
0087.jpg

This is my 1969 Eatons Glider..I Love the Bars on This One.
I just Bought a Sport Shifter in Wood Grain From YesHoney so
I will install that and I have Found The Stock Chaingaurd which will make this one Complete.
0181.jpg

and My SwingBike which is Sold now....
IMG_0287.jpg

and my Son Dean's 2005 Raleigh Chopper..
0269.jpg

and my 1970's Royce Union Cross over BMX / Moto / Hot Rod...
Yeshoney own's The Wheels on this one Now.....they where 20 by 2.125 Drum Brake wheels...

0148.jpg

And my 70's Free Spirit which is all in Pieces and Sanded Ready for Finish.
with Nanner seat and WWW 20's to Complete the Build ( which started a year ago :roll: )
0090.jpg

I've posted these before, but since we're talking Muscle Bikes, here's what is currently in the stable:

An Eatons Road King:

purple2fh6.jpg

And a 1968 StingRay (which I really will finish. Really. Someday):

greenomx5.jpg

This thread is a GREAT idea :D

-Mp

Nice bikes but my 2 favorites are, Kev's gold norco, and Multi's stingray That gold one has a mean stance and i love the stingray its just cool :)

Got my new old parts from RatRod today. :D

Sooooooo, here's the updated-but-still-unfinished-never-ending-StingRay-project:

newparts3bu2.png

Someday I may even put a chain on it :mrgreen:

-Mp

OHH HOOCH Do u got them rims, Those are the right s-7s for my spitfire I like the hubs too. I gOTta ask mom she owes me $$

Re: ive always wondered...

fast eddie said:
what exactly was the thinking behid the desing of those raleigh chopper frames? was it cost? was it an experimental geometry? why?
fast eddie outty

My understanding is the Chopper was designed specifically to compete with the Schwinn Krate series. The design of the frame is the way it is for aesthetic and marketing reasons. This of course, does not detract from the coolness of the Chopper in any way. :D

-Mp

I might as well throw this one in This Thread..
it's my 1972 Sears Spyder..
thanks to all here who helped me Tag it!

Yeshoney is Digging through his Pile to Help Find
the Proper front wheel...24 inch...

Bikes0002.jpg

resizeBike.gif

Bikes0005resize.gif

Kev, I think I have the 24" front wheel for a Spyder (with a crummy tire) LMK if you still need it.

Latest posts

Back