MUSCLE BIKE BUILD-OFF #02! Done and dusted!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ANY MORE BUILDERS FOR THE MUSCLE BIKE BUILDOFF? OCT-DEC 2013

I've been collecting parts for my MBB-off. I'm going to try to create my own frame from parts of a 20" girl's Schwinn, and two 24" boy's bike frames. Right now, I'm thinking 20" wheels, front & back w/ fat and thin tires and a banana seat and high handlebars.

Here's some of the pieces to the puzzle.

Sorry for the late reply... but I'm in!

I think I'm going to do a AMF 5-speed chopper one-off.

Do we start our own build thread in this forum?

Awesome stuff HuffDaddy! Can't wait to see it!
Welcome aboard CRASH! Normally we all post on the one thread with these mini build off's but with the amount of builders joining that may be a bit crazy! I will message a moderator and see if we can get a thread group dedicated to it so we can do it the same as the big buildoff...

Luke.

I'm so amped for the second go around!I can't believe we're going to have so many competitors!! October can't get here fast enough!!

I made my first purchase! Biggest 20" slick i could get without going to motorcycle tires WOOOOO! :lol: :shock:

panelman said:
Just thinking out loud, one of the requirements is ape hangers. What about steering wheels?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-bicycle ... 3a852c4d02
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-ad-Hustler ... 231e417ed4

Kicking around some ideas and thought I would ask.
Huffy made a muscle bike called The Wheel.

002rlu.jpg

I have messaged back and forth with Yoothgeye and now left it in his hands, he is checking with RatRod what he wants to do...
As far as I am concerned whatever they decide is cool, we will make it work! :wink:

Luke.

I'm in. '68 Sting-Ray frame. Nothing crazy. Building a mate for my lovely wife's '68 Slik Chik.

furyus

Hey muscle bike build participants.

LukeTheJoker asked a question about this thing, wanting to stay within the "rules" that say: "3. Start a single thread in which you both document your builds." he thought it would be tricky with so many builders... it would.

So, here's the word from the top, each participant in the build-off can start their own thread here in the "Build Challenges" section, but to keep them easier to find we would suggest everyone adopt the same naming convention, put the type of thread in brackets, then the name of whatever it is.

ex...
[Muscle Bike Build] Evel Knievel Rocket Bike

So, there you go, have fun.

Back