Murray women's Murray Skybolt bicycle year ... no apparent serial number.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I've bought this bike for my wife. It has almost all original parts and it is in a very nice condition. However, I couldn't find any serial numbers. The only thing I found was a P under the pedals.

The name on the

It has 26'' wheels and

Here are the pictures:
IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

Thank you!!!

Mid to late 70's, based on fender length, cert. sticker on seat tube (don't recall exactly when that started), reflectors, and US built rear dropout and fork crown style. # is probably under the crank bracket or covered by a fender brace.

She rode it and says it is a bit uncomfortable. But otherwise it is in perfect condition. Almost no rust and the paint is just beautiful.

Yeah, the seat... otherwise is a smooth ride. I'll post some more pics tomorrow.

I see a BMA/6 decal on the seat tube, which narrows it down to 1971-79. Murray discontinued their middlewight line around 76-77, then brought back the Monterey model as a retro balloon tire cruiser. -Adam

Maybe the seat is too low, that makes for a uncomfortable ride. The seat looks pretty comfortable from the pic. The bike even has the plastic axle protectors they used to put on new bikes. Usually they put the serial number on the left rear dropout.

Back