Murray Klunker is now a 58 Huffman Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is the bike that got me started playing with bikes again. I built it originally as a beach cruiser, then moved all the parts over to a painted Spaceliner frame. The old Murray frame went back into the shed.
img_2202.jpg

img_2266.jpg

Built again with junk parts. Then I decided I wanted to build a Klunker.
img_2824.jpg

Picked this bike up on CL. for 25.00 for the forks and alum. front rim, tires and handlebars
aunt-judy-and-mary-kay.jpg

mocked up with the new forks, steer tube was 3/4" to short
img_2820.jpg

extended the steer tube to work on the old Murray
img_2823.jpg

suspension forks installed, changed front sprocket to a 36tooth
img_2828.jpg

new CST tires 2.125
img_2832.jpg

img_2833.jpg

New black handlebars with a 8" rise, different stem, and new front brakes on the way.
Haven't decided on a seat, or what color I'm going to paint the frame, thinking about orange.

Kenny

Re: Murray Klunker

It was nice when I pulled the MTB apart to find the forks had a 1" steer tube. All the new forks I've been seeing have a 1-1/8" steer tube. The suspension forks don't bottom out on a bump like the vintage springers on my other bikes.
Kenny

Nice work ....gives the bike a whole new personality. 8)

New parts for the Klunker.
Kenny
img_2836.jpg

Well she's about done, other than finishing the front hand brakes. Still undecided if I'm going to paint in or not. Thanks for all the comments.
Kenny
img_2840.jpg

img_2838.jpg

img_2837.jpg

I bought Double Nickles 58 Klunker frame and crank assembly. Moved all the parts from the Murray over to the Huffman. I did get to ride the Murray in the snow before it was disassembled, it was a blast. I just ordered a 36 tooth sprocket from Pork Chop, currently it has a 44t
Kenny
img_2856.jpg

img_2860.jpg

img_2861.jpg

img_2862.jpg

largek9 said:
That poor Murray never gets a chance ....! :( :lol:

I hope that Kenny can turn it back to what it looked like in the second pic from the top 8) ....that bike was one of my favs when I initially joined RRB.

Sleepy I don't think it will happen, I hate to see it just setting around in pieces, and I'm out of room. So I've offered the frame to a friend. It's hard to see it go, it's my first 26" bike.
Kenny

The Huffman is about finished. Just changed out the 44t sprocket for a Pork Chop 36t. Chad is making me a laid back seat post. Picked up a Huffman Airflyte badge from a member.
Kenny
img_2865.jpg

img_2866.jpg

img_2867.jpg

Thanks guys.
Kenny

My laid back seat post, I bought from Chad. New suspension forks on the way, set up for disc brakes.
Kenny
img_2872.jpg

Back