Murray Astro Flight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Picked this up for my wife and had it shipped. It's been sitting in the box and I didn't open it till yesterday. It's got a really cool "Disney Space Mountain" look to it. I am going to rebuild the wheels and lace a Nexus 3-speed hub in the rear, put some fatter WW's on it, and polish it up. That's about it, unless I can find a place to re-chrome plastic?

e638.jpg

Could someone tell me the year of this bike, I believe it is the same as the one I picked up today.....scratched off some of the brushed on red paint and revealed purple. Any help appreciated, thank you.

Could someone tell me the year of this bike, I believe it is the same as the one I picked up today.....scratched off some of the brushed on red paint and revealed purple. Any help appreciated, thank you.
These bikes are a product of the 60s--about 1963-68. If yours has a tank similar to the one CRASH has pictured, then it's one of the later versions, 1966-68.

These bikes are a product of the 60s--about 1963-68. If yours has a tank similar to the one CRASH has pictured, then it's one of the later versions, 1966-68.
Thank you, unfortunately mine is missing any tank or rack that would have been on the bike. I did locate the serial number on the rear drop out area, starts with an M9, so possibly a 69?....I'd just like to know, so when/if I'm looking for parts, or pictures to see exactly what it should have looked like..reference etc...I appreciate your response and any help or advice you can give.....Thanks

Latest posts

Back