Mount Laurel, NJ new member .

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI everyone. Just wanted to post up and introduce. I'm John and i'm on my 2nd of two bikes right now. I've always loved bikes, but really began an interest in the 90s. I tried for a long time to get a Krate back then, with no luck. Eventually i got a Krate knockoff from Toys R Us. It's one of those gold jobs i'm sure a number of you have seen online and around. I began minor mods to it, but time and money became a factor so i put it on the back burner. I have that bike in storage at present, but am thinking of dragging it back out either to have for my wife, daughter (once she's out of diapers that is), or sisterinlaw to ride.

My new ride is a 52 Schwinn frame from a Craigslist find. I think i paid too much, but it's a good starting point for a quick and dirty kustom job. I'll post up some pics in a build thread as i have a ton of questions. I'm really a noob with bike building, but i have a pretty good mechanical mind. I'm not looking to break the bank on the project, so i'll hopefully be doing all the work solo, unless any locals want to speak up and teach me a few things.

Back