motor's on bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i want to buy one of these motors off ebay for you bike and just build around it but rat status one ! but i was wondering if anybody knows where i can go or what websites ! and i was wondering since iam a big dude (250lb)! i was wondering is some other motor that can push me and still be able to get some good speed ? :cry:

there are really three ways to go about it

1. cheap 2 stroke engine kit from ebay. these for the most part are junk and are not very powerful. the parts are horrable and take a lot of hand fitting.

2. whizzer style engine kit. these are 4 stroke much more powerful but the kit is around 800 so it is a bit on the steep side. also some have had issues with the valve seats.

3. rat something!!! first thing to come to mind would be make a simple weld in flat engine mount then bolt either a 3.5 or 5 hp brigs and straton engine in there. you can use simple mini bike parts to compleate it and better yet if you use a 5 hp engine there are a ton of upgrades. just my 1/2 cent :D

well my buddy has this old go kart engine we were going to use but i broke a neck that connected to the carb ! so i think i might ask him if i can have it ! :lol: but heres some picks i seen that made want to do this ! there not my bikes but there awesome ! these bikes look bad ... i can imagen a ratty style one like this ! :p just cruising down the street :lol:

gsasg2336.jpg

fgafgate.jpg

Hi guys, yes I am the local motorhead. I am a fan of the small 2-stroke chineese engines but I would stay awoy from the e-bay sellers and go to a reputable dealer like Simpson Motor Bikes, Spookey Tooth, Thats Dacs and theres a few more, those are just off the top of my head. The problem with e-bay dealers is there is no warenty or support, once you get your kit your on your own. As far as the power, I am not small (nearly 300lbs) and can still cruise at around 30mph on the flat with the little 2hp engine. Somtimes they do need a little pedal assist going up hills but you can still top most hills at 15-20mph. Feel free to ask me any questions and check out the motokruisers website, there are more experienced people there than me...Kelly

Heres a pic of me and a couple of friends ridding this past summer, I'm the one on the left.
img0052pn9.jpg

ya i went to that website today ! and blamo great bikes in there i saw some motors on there that were crazy looking ! i mean they looked just like motorcycle engines

nogoodnic42 said:
Hi guys, yes I am the local motorhead. I am a fan of the small 2-stroke chineese engines but I would stay awoy from the e-bay sellers and go to a reputable dealer like Simpson Motor Bikes, Spookey Tooth, Thats Dacs and theres a few more, those are just off the top of my head. The problem with e-bay dealers is there is no warenty or support, once you get your kit your on your own. As far as the power, I am not small (nearly 300lbs) and can still cruise at around 30mph on the flat with the little 2hp engine. Somtimes they do need a little pedal assist going up hills but you can still top most hills at 15-20mph. Feel free to ask me any questions and check out the motokruisers website, there are more experienced people there than me...Kelly

Heres a pic of me and a couple of friends ridding this past summer, I'm the one on the left.
img0052pn9.jpg

i just got a free go kart motor a small one he told me it went up to 40 ! and that sounds real good to me ! but i was wondering if theres a site that can help me on working and fixing this things together and especialy how to put the rear sprocket on and maybe tell which is the best wheel and tire set up ! i wated to use 20" wheels but i dont if thats the best !

The mounting of the drive sprocket that I use is diffrent than the bikes that you posted. The drive line that the Chineese kits use is in the left side and mounts to the spokes with a nine hole sprocket and rubber spacers. Whatever you do avoid metal to metal contact when mountong your drive sprocket, it will eat your spokes quickly (personal learning experience). Your speed will depend on your gear ratio but I will tell you that even though 40mph dosen't sound that fast, when your on a bicycle its Fing fast. I can't say anything about using a 20" wheel, I have only used 26" bikes. There is a guy on motokruisers that has done a couple of Stingrays that could probably give you the answers that you seek his name is Edward try to PM him...Kelly

my buddy has an old 80cc dirtbike for sale and i was going to buy it for the moter and weld up some mounts on my chopper it would pull me around at close to 50mph kinda scary, but it would be fun. im know uesing the bike for my rat rod build offf bike so no moter this time.

Back