Motorized board track now complete!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Well, after a bunch of late nights after school and homework, I finally finished my motorized board track bike. I had some huge inspiration from "HillBilly's" board track bike (Thanks!). I started with a womans Huffy moutain bike and added some slight modifications.....I'm trying to find a zero degree stem to replace the current one but this fork is a small/odd size. So other than adjusting the chain tension a little, it rides great.Thanks for checking it out!

The donor bike

The whole fleet!....so far...ha!

Thanks for the comments! I made the tank out of a 4 1/2 in. steel tube. I cut the gas cap and valve petcock off of the tank that came with the motor kit. I havn't filled the tank all the way up with gas yet, but I'm thining it's about a gallon and half. My friend is a graphic designer and made the vinyl sticker with my last name on it. I used sand paper, wire brush and steel wool to scuff it all up. The motor is 80cc, I'm not really sure how fast it can go yet, still breaking in the motor.

I have a build thread I started a while back, I'll up date that with the new pics.

Turned out great! I'm glad these type of bikes/motorcycles seem to be making a comeback.

that came out fantastic! :mrgreen: everything looks vintage,as it should.this is great inspiration for me,as i`ve got a motor being delivered tom.! :D

very cool looking build... i have a 42 or 46 schwinn i want to motorize... would love to see some details of your build... the rear sprocket looks better than what i have seen before... please share some details... gforce

Thanks again for the comments!

Hotfoot, here is a photo of the rear motor mount. It was kinda on luck that the original down tube of the Huffy bike was in almost the exact spot for the motor to be mounted upright. I just kinda eyed up how the motor would fit and cut the tube to the angle for a flat piece of sheet metal. I just bolted the sheet metal to the motor and took a couple test fits and grinding on the down tube to see what angle would work the best for welding the plate on.

However, if want to mount the motor so the cylinder is upright, you will run into some chain clearance issues. I cut about 3/4 of inch engine case and a little on the clutch cover for the chain to clear. You will also not be able to put the top screw back in that place. You could drill a spot an inch or so down for the bolt to go but I found that there is no negative impact of the clutch working with only two bolts instead of the normal three holding the cover on. Sorry for the bad lighting of the pic:

gforcepdx, I took the sprocket that came in the motor kit and used a 7/8in metal hole saw bit to cut the holes. I just places all the hole above where the bolts go to be mounted on the spokes of the wheel

Also here is the build with most of the photos of my process.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14943

Thanks again for checking it out

Man! You're talented! That bike is SICK! Thanks for the inspiration. Keep up the good work!

Back