Motorbike tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
This came in the mail today. Crudely repainted, but I was able to strip it, save the original paint AND the original decals.

Before:
030613103819_zpsfbab1538.jpg

After:
030613103831_zpscae6dcde.jpg

Patience. Lots and lots of patience!

Tankless no more!

030613121538_zps9da6e5b8.jpg

If it makes you feel any better, I don't have any lights yet. 8)

What is this patience thing? Does it come from a hardware store? I'm gonna get myself a big can, I could use some on some of my projects.
Good find and great save!

Patience is probably the most valuable asset in this hobby. In my opinion at least.

030613124417_zps347b49cd.jpg

030613124427_zpsbdcbef0e.jpg

It really makes you wunder who exactly it was that ever thought that a nice sloppy coat of grey* paint was the better way to go. :?
*(or red or blue blue as we have all seen before)

Nickinator said:
are you going to straiten it back out? seems like someone mashed it to fix a dx frame

Nick.

I'll straighten it out. Both top and bottom are mashed in a little but nothing is kinked or cracked. There isn't even any rust to speak of. The battery holder is spotless.

I think it would look better on this:
IMG_20121017_151842-1.jpg

How much is it giong to cost me? LOL
Nice score, you lucky dog! Great job saving the og paint and decals. You the man!
Johnny

Its gonna take more than a tank to flesh out that carcass. Gotta start somewhere I suppose. Is that all you have of the bike?

Yeah, this is all I have. Scored it for $30 on CL a while back. I dont think I can afford that tank anyway! Great score on your part.
Johnny

Even as a bare frame I think you got a good deal. '36 frames aren't easy to come by. This stuff is out there, you just have to know where to look and not be afraid to spend some money wisely.

Back