Motobecane Nomade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was given a few abandoned bikes the other day. One will get donated, one recycled and then there’s this interesting Motobecane Nomade. I know nothing about these. It’s got a 26” rear wheel at the moment but I have a 27” that will fit. I don’t know if it would have originally been 10 or 12 speed. I’m interested to see how it rides. I think it would have originally had drop bars too. It has those strange sleeves on the frame and quick releases on the cables making me think it was designed or modified to be broken down for easier packing. I’ve never seen this before, does anyone know anything about it?
IMG_0295.jpeg
IMG_0296.jpeg
IMG_0297.jpeg
IMG_0298.jpeg
IMG_0299.jpeg
IMG_0300.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg

I know that most people around the world (including myself) will keep and clean up anything Sachs Huret for mostly historical reasons, german company from late 18th century fichtel and sach bought out the huret company to become sachs huret and throught restructuring became sachs again and then sold to sram, fichtel and sachs also bought the companies sadis chains and malliard hubs
Sachs huret had a very nice range of deraileurs in the 1990s, I had a front D that was highly polished and was as if not more elegant than campy stuff, I would change it to a nice classic looking ride maybe with townie bars or mustache bars, brown tires/seat/grips, I would say its ten speed, I would say aftermarket frame sleeves, I've never seen any motobecane's with couplings before

I know that most people around the world (including myself) will keep and clean up anything Sachs Huret for mostly historical reasons
I'll definitely be keeping the Huret derailleurs and matching shifters. The front hub is a Malliard so I think the front wheel is original to the bike. Has an aluminum Weinmann rim. This bike has some nice components.
I would change it to a nice classic looking ride maybe with townie bars or mustache bars, brown tires/seat/grips
Yeah, I like this idea. This may be the direction I go on this one.
I've never seen any motobecane's with couplings before
I've never seen these couplings at all. It looks like aftermarket. Interesting.

yer I would agree the malliard is original as they are french too, I would say with that coupling that you would cut the top and down tubes, clamp the coupling to one end mate up the other end of the frame tighten it then drill the holes through the frame where the holes are on the couplings then up use the pull pins and they become your securing bolts so the frame doesn't come loose, early version of the modern threaded couplings

Latest posts

Back