Moon disc custom bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I picked up this custom locally for a really good price. It’s the first time I’ve ever had a custom bike built by someone else. I don’t know who built it though, the person I got it from wasn’t the original builder. It does seem familiar, and I wonder if it was built by someone on this site. It seems like a well built bike. I’ll be honest, I bought it mostly for the moon disc rear wheel. It rides pretty good but I’m way too tall to ride a bike with a seat that low for any amount of time. Also the headset needs to be sorted out, there’s something wrong with it. I think the frame is a Monark frame with a trophy headbadge, and the fork is an older schwinn fork. Not a big fan of the mag style front wheel, so that’ll change first.

Anyone who has ever had these discs, do you take off the mooneyes emblem so that you have access to the valve stem? It was pretty annoying to pull off the wheel and brake arm just to air up the tire.
A0A6B181-5571-4AAE-B756-C4F88B98EC42.jpeg
BA6EBB84-1F6E-490C-8392-B001D001094E.jpeg
232A9756-2EA2-4E96-852C-9F3D306A34C3.jpeg
E9B05D2B-BF53-4824-A24F-8EB591AD2D8B.jpeg
5CF69ED8-3A1D-4F5A-BD87-6E44E4D2E405.jpeg

VERY COOL SCORE!!!!!
It doesn't look familiar to me, as far as a build that I've seen before on RRB or any of the FB bike groups. Very well done mix of parts though.
In regards to putting air in the tire, that mooneyes sticker is on a removable hole cap. Hopefully the builder installed the moonies with the access hole lined up with the valve stem. Even once you get the cap off, it is a bit of a hassle to get the stem and pump connected. The smaller the head on the pump the better.
Good luck and great score!!!

I have those MoonEyes discs on my MoonEyes cruiser. I never installed the valve hole covers. And I have to use a compressor to air up the tires. No bike pump will fit in those small holes. I still need to replace the crank. The bearings run so uneven that the chain jumps off sometimes leaving me with no brakes. I got a GT bmx 3 piece crank that should work okay. The MoonEyes Cruiser was made by GT afaik so a GT crank is a okay sub.

@kingfish254 @rickpaulos Thanks guys! I took the wheel off and removed the brake arm. The hole was nowhere near the valve stem. Thanks king for letting me know that you haven’t seen it around, you would be the go to source on that! Rick I think it looks pretty good with the covers off. That’s weird that the bearings are so bad.

Latest posts

Back