Monterey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asana Cycles: Devian Gilbert
aka: SelfPropelledDevo on MTBR.com
Bikes: Hunter 29er, Surly Pugsley, Surly Big Dummy, Fondriest road bike, zipp 404's and record (blah blah blah)

no car

I've been without a car for a number of years, I ride bikes a lot, typically 20-40hrs/wk
I gave the Tour Divide mountain bike race a shot, doing 1,000 miles in 7 days.
last year I did the California Triple Crown...

wait...

screw all that

I grew up on bikes
and bikes is what I know
"rat rod"
???
ok... I'll go for it, I'll dig back, of course as a kid this is pretty much all we did
that is to take something and totally change it
when I was 12 my first job was putting together any kind of bike that could be sold at the Ventura swap meet, in those days, at the drive inn

that kind of tinkering, the morphing of styles and application with a method to a particular mode has always stuck with me
from the '65 Falcon Van I owned with a 289, and 9 inch rear end, a '71 LeMans with a 455, to a '89 Honda CB1... cafe of course

the pugsley is a beast
Page_1.jpg

I've had this bike for about 5 years now. I rode it for about 2yrs straight.

IMG_1574.jpg

the Big Dummy is a mega cargo bike, that I've had for over 2 years now
I've ridden it more places that I can think of at the moment, and carried all sorts of things
including a 4 man tipi with a wood burning stove, while touring Northern California
IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

The Hunter 29er is a bit of a different story
its got a lot of gear, 44x11t yields about 127 gear inches which is good for about 50mph
IMG_0836.jpg

I've use this bike like a road bike, riding with my roadie brethren, jamming around town, and mixing it up in the dirt
it takes all sorts of frame bags, saddle bags, handle bar bags, racks and yet... more freaking bags, even freaking fenders...
IMG_1992.jpg

Wazz up Frm Ventura Co. I living in port hueneme. So welcome to the forum .it cool.I dig it to :p

Back