Monster Cruiser is HUGE and finally in my Garage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tailwinds said:
It would be awesome if they'd sell just the wheels/tires, and priced at something other than asinine. There is some huge custom potential with those things, but I'm just not in love with the stock frame.

I checked the Coker Tire site a while back and the wheels tires tubes rims strips would be around 400 + dollars. I want to sling a 20 inch muscle bike frame between those tires. Of course it would need the rear dropout extention and some bent chopper forks. I guess they made the frame the way they did because at 3 ft a tire already a 4 foot frame would put it at 10 feet LOL I saw one for sale on ebay for 200 once but the shipping was 200 also. If I find one local I will get one to make a cool custom.

heres one from the bike show in Sacramento, CA this summer with a custom frame
Cyclefest2010050.jpg

I didnt realize how big it really was till I tried to climb onto it but once on it feels like a regular bike just higher off the ground. sweet ride though makes me want to have one.

Dude our local shop had one of these but wanted almost 800 bucks for it in 2000 I have been wanting one for a while I rode one a bit if you want some real fun ( SCARY ) go find a big hill this thing is insane on long downhills I have just looked at the website and am getting one SOON although I need another bike like a hole in the head I have a gary fisher tassahara an electra and a Phat Caddy and a hawthorne that I am trying to figure out what to do with I wonder if I could put one of these 36" wheels on the front of it ??? well anyway if you do the downhill on this wear a helmet as I remember the brakes were lousy on this thing
I was trying to figure out how to mount a nexxus 7 or 8 speed on this thing and a rear disc but was told it was all but impossible

good luck great bike !!!!

Nothing is impossible, it would be cool to throw a 7 speed rear and maybe a 3 speed crank and derailleurs on it and see how fast you could get it up to, I know a 21 speed 26 incher is pretty fast so that thing would haul! Also with the big tires you could probably run over those pesky honda civics, prius's, and smart cars. :mrgreen:

Back