MONGOOSE KOS KRUISER BUILD (6/06 - FINISHED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SOMETHING'S COMING

Rat Rod said:
I found a place locally that will strip the fork and chrome it for $30. They only charge $75 to do a frame, but the original chrome is probably nice enough on the frame to not rechrome it. The photos make it look a little better than it actually is. There is some fogginess near the seat tube and a few scratches here and there. If they end up doing a really good job on the fork then I may consider having the frame done too.

That's much cheaper than I've been quoted, it will be interesting to see their work. Best of luck!

Re: SOMETHING'S COMING (AND NOW IT'S HERE)

Steve,

If you do want to go with the CHROME theme and you do shoot for the moon, I have an NOS set of Araya 26 x 2.125 rims. They would undoubtedly look pretty cool on that! A trade could be in order too!

Joe

:lol: you stole the OSBMX thing! I love that pic!

yeshoney said:
Steve,

If you do want to go with the CHROME theme and you do shoot for the moon, I have an NOS set of Araya 26 x 2.125 rims. They would undoubtedly look pretty cool on that! A trade could be in order too!

Joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the offer. It looks like I will probably be using the set of 26 x 1.75 Pro Class wheels that I was using on my Elgin. I figure the Pro Class are Mongoose anyway and you don't see many KOS Kruisers with the Pro Class wheels.

Now if the ARAYA's you had were in blue...I might be seriously interested.

yeshoney said:
Steve,

Joe

Joe,

I might be intersted. PM me a price.

-Jeffrey

Hey Steve, here's my Gold Street incentive program

koscruiser.jpg

koskruiser2.jpg

See there is a reason I kept a few Action Now issues around from the eighties 8)

Whoa...those are awesome!

Got my decal set, repop Mongoose grips and the fork is at the chrome shop. :D

Steve...congrats again!!!

"Gold Street Customs"
those are GREAT photo's of Jeff getting Big Air.

Private Message me Steve if you need anything for the build
......also....... "I am the Owl" is an awesome member as well to contact.He's a wealth of great knowledge,
and he builds Killer BMX's

again,
" way to go Steve "

The Dark Side's light.
:D

Kev.

Gold Street Customs said:
Your other somethings coming is in the mail as of yesterday. :wink:

Right back at ya! :wink:

Clothespin n said:
Steve...congrats again!!!

"Gold Street Customs"
those are GREAT photo's of Jeff getting Big Air.

Private Message me Steve if you need anything for the build
......also....... "I am the Owl" is an awesome member as well to contact.He's a wealth of great knowledge,
and he builds Killer BMX's

again,
" way to go Steve "

The Dark Side's light.
:D

Kev.

Thanks Kev!

About the only things I am really lacking are a Mongoose Gold Stem, some SS KOS bars and some snakebelly tires.

I won't be able to afford any of these so I'll probably end up going with a Pro Neck stem, a set of Skull Skates cruiser bars and some generic gumwall tires.

I can always add those other parts after I sell a kidney or something. :D

Re: SOMETHING'S COMING (FORK CHROMED)

Picked up my forks from the chrome shop today.

I had an extra set of 26" Diamondback cruiser forks that were painted pink so I had them chromed too.

They blasted both sets, plated and polished them and the total bill was $48 for the pair. :shock:

They charge $65 - $75 to chrome a frame so you can get a frame and fork done for just under $100.

Not sure how long this place will stay in business, but they don't call them Economy Plating for nothin".

What I started with...

DSC_0067.jpg

After the chrome job...

IMG_3862.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

Notice the diamond drop out on the Diamondback forks.

IMG_3865.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

Re: MONGOOSE KOS KRUISER BUILD

Looking good. Every style of bike had it's time. Cruisers-50's, 3 speeds-60's, 10 speeds-70's and BMX definately the early 80's.

Back