Mongo in Kansas City

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys been a lurker for a few years now and have enjoyed all the great bikes and builds.
Had been out of bikes since around the time I got married, my poor old mountain bike was in horrible shape in the shed a couple years ago when my oldest son got off his training wheels. After a quick tuneup I decided that I wanted a new bike and being an old car/truck guy I wanted something with a bit of vintage look and a cruiser was the route I decided I wanted to go. After some research and surfin' I settled on a Cranbrook when I bought it I had big plans to customize it to my taste and to potentially hack it up and stretch it to better suit my size, but my son(s) have kept me on it pretty much and I didn't ever feel like taking it apart to modify it so it's stayed stock. Recently I started looking at these new BIG 29 inch bikes here with a lot of interest, and with their apparent popularity nobody around her seemed to have them in stock everytime I swing by to look till last week after several evenings riding with the boys I decided it was time to get something that didn't feel tiny. Amazingly the second store I went to had the Onex (Onyx) 29 in stock and I bought it. Earlier tonite I started working on it and decided I should share my progress.. I'm gonna go start a build thread to get some feedback but wanted to do an into first. Looks like there's a lot of us KC guys on here so maybe I'll make a meetup some time..
Mongo
"KCMongo"

welcome, will check out your build, and do come to the swapmeet, you will get to meet me
inperson .. :lol: that and 7 bucks get you a coffee at starbucks..

welcome to the show from another n00bie. where you at in kc? i'm north of the river.

I maybe a day or two late, But Welcome to the Greatest bicycle site on the web.
I'm in the Westport/Brookside areas.
You should come to the COWTOWN MALLROOM on Sundays 11am to 4pm. We have bicycles and all the other things that good FLEA Markets should have lots of JUNK.

Back