Monark Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it's a Monark. I occasionally build it up a little differently.
When I purchased it at the first Midwest Bicycle Swap.
2010_midwest_bicycle_swap.jpg

When I first put it together
IMG_1196.JPG

Another time I built it up to take to the Tour De Fat
IMG_3329.JPG

It's pretty rough. On a whim the other night I brought it down from that parts portal known as the attic. I took the angle grinder and a flap disc to it then primered it. 50 degrees in the garage. Not ideal for painting.

DSCF6227.JPG

Next night I painted it (again around 50 degrees) and started building it back up. The paint is a Rustoleum textured paint. Has a faux rusty/patina'd look to it I think.
IMG_9006.JPG

More on it later... maybe.

That thing was pretty sweet both builds, can't wait to see the next one.

Now thats just awesome, best build on it yet, great job! :D

axsepul said:
Who is that in the mirror window looking at the bike when the picture was be in taken?

Creepy! I was all by myself. Must be one of those ghosts that shows up in photos that you hear about :shock:

Or maybe it was just me and I had the camera on a timer :D

Thanks for the comments all.

Again thanks for all the comments.
Mitch it's far from show worthy. I won't be in the show but I'll get by there at some point.

Here's the paint I used. Like I said earlier it has a rusty/patina'd look and feel to it. Went on really nice especially considering the cold temperature. Took 2 cans though to do frame and fork. Had I known I was going to use this paint I would have used a dark primer but when I primered it I didn't know what color I was going with and grey was the only primer I had on hand.

IMG_9108.JPG

Back